• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver

*LukeMayn*

WCA
2009MAYN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I CAN NOT WAIT TO GET IT!

Some of you may know (if your a stalker) that I'm like at least in the top 3 competitive pokemon player in NZ (if not the best) and about 1 month ago I heard that re-makes of pokemon Gold and silver were coming out. I was ecstatic as this was my first ever pokemon game and i have a lot of childhood memories in it.

DISCUSS!

tfkscores

YouTube
Visit Channel
My favorite was yellow version cause Pikachu got to follow you around and when you tried to make him evolve he got mad at you and stuff. Good memories.

Gurplex

Banned
First Generation Pokemon (the original 150 + mew) are the best but gold and silver are were good too. Now i cant keep up with them adding a billion new pokemon every few months, hahaa.

how many different pokemon are there now?

P.S. i used to get totally annoyed when adults said "POKEMONS"

miniGOINGS

Crystal, Silver and Gold were the best because you could travel between both regions, Kanto and Johto. No other game has done that, and I hope they include that feature in the remakes.

I agree, they should make a game that lets you travel between all 4 regions.

blah

brah
I'm 19 and I haven't been playing Pokemon for six or seven years now. I hate to admit this, but yeah, those days were fun :eek: I'm sure I still have the emulator files somewhere in my hard drive, somewhere :rolleyes:

People around here tend to pronounce it as "Pokey-mon" (think Sarah) :p And yes, the grown-ups used to call it Pokey-mons too :p

bwatkins

Agreed. Im a sophomore at Mines, and pokemon is amazing! I pick it up and play it everynow and then...good times good times

*LukeMayn*

WCA
2009MAYN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Whatever happened to 150?

That's like saying " what happened to the first light bulb"
They're still there but now there are more variations.

I think if they make any more on top of the 493 (like a new version eg. topaz version or something) it will start to fail. like they made arceus with 120 base stat on EVERYTHING which is like oooook... but now they'll have to keep making even more powerful ones and it'll get out of hand. (for non-pokemon players this is a little comparison):

Mew

hp 100
atk 100
def 100
sp atk 100
sp def 100
spd 100

same with celebii, Manaphy and jirachi (all of those little powerful guys)

And then here Arceus comes:

120 everything and it's just like wtf...

and here is a stndard guy you might know, Raichu:

hp 60
atk 90
def 55
sp atk 90
sp def 80
spd 100

but Raichu's not the best...

PatrickJameson

Premium Member
WCA
2007JAME01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I think if they make any more on top of the 493 (like a new version eg. topaz version or something) it will start to fail. like they made arceus with 120 base stat on EVERYTHING which is like oooook... but now they'll have to keep making even more powerful ones and it'll get out of hand. (for non-pokemon players this is a little comparison):

Mew

hp 100
atk 100
def 100
sp atk 100
sp def 100
spd 100

same with celebii, Manaphy and jirachi (all of those little powerful guys)

From my days of Gold version, I thought Mew and Celebi, especially Celebi, weren't that good. I would definitely pick others over them.

bwatkins

i always avoided using the ultra-powerful pokemon the game came with. I beat Fire red with a level 83 pikachu in my party!