• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver

ChrisBird

Premium Member
WCA
2009BIRD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
you realize that the poke'walker is just a variation of the daycare :fp
for every step you gain 1 exp so unless you want to do like thousands of steps by the time you you beat 1 pokemon, go ahead!

Yes, but with the walker you can control how fast it goes.

As for number of steps, I did not know that one step was 1 exp, so I am sorry for being uninformed of apparently obvious stuff. (it isn't obvious)

Thomas09

YouTube
Visit Channel
Some updates to New Gold and Silver that I found interesting, taken from Serebii:

Serebii said:
Little is known about the upcoming Pokémon Heart Gold & Pokémon Soul Silver games. At the moment, all we know is that they are remakes of the original Gold & Silver games, set in the Johto region and coming out for the DS in Autumn/Fall of 2009.

As these games are remakes of Gold & Silver, they will feature both Johto & Kanto and follow the storyline of you as a new trainer, going through the gyms of Johto and Kanto, and winding up needing to thwart a Team Rocket plot to takeover the world with their Pokémon.

Even though it will follow closely on the basics of Pokémon Gold & Silver, there are a variety of new features brought into these remakes. Firstly, all the game mechanics are brought up to the 4th generation standards. Second, one of the major new features is that you can have any Pokémon follow you in the games. This way, you can truely personalise your experience.

In addition to the areas previously in Johto, there are new areas to be found within Johto. In addition to that, there are non-Johto Pokémon to be found in it including Kyogre in Heart Gold, Groudon in Soul Silver, Rayquaza, Dialga, Palkia & Giratina.

Heart Gold & Soul Silver is also packaged with a new peripheral; PokéWalker, which will allow you to transfer a Pokémon to it to train it up as you walk around your normal life.

Having any pokemon you want follow you is neat (Yay yellow)

And the pokewalker will be abused, greatly.
Chuck a pokemon in there, shake it as hard as you can for like 10 minutes, your Bulbasaur grew to lv 100.
But you do realize that getting Pokemon to level 100 takes like 1,000,000 exp= 1,000,000. I once got a pedometre from a box of cereal and getting to just 10,000 was a task. But still it would help greatly. Also a side note, your Pokemon won't be getting EVs meaning lower stats (yes, I spend half of my cubing, then the other half gaming, most of which is Pokemon).

MTGjumper

WCA
2008CRAW01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I do about 30,000 steps on a normal day (or at least I did when I last used a pedometer a few years ago). Regarding EVs, couldn't you just wait until they go really high levelled, then do all the EV training then?

retr0

Gold and Silver were the best pokemon games of all imo. As long as they don't ruin it by using honey instead of headbutt, adding a ton of 4gen pokemon and adapting the storyline too much, I'm DEFINATELY going to get it :)

Although I don't like the 3 and 4gen legendaries. It'll take the focus off the 2gen legendaries, which I found to be the best too.

Last edited:

Rama

WCA
2006TEMM01
I SOMEtimes still play it.
I bought Red AND Blue and traded all my Blue Pokémon's to Red via Nintendo 64. :D
I also had Silver, but I lost it somewhere.

Afther those I found Pokémon stupid, I mean come on! You have 150 (+1) Pokémon's in America and when you jump the border to Mexico or Canada you suddenly find a hundred or more ''newly found'' Pokémon's.

I'd rather be playing Chinpokomon.