• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Please Stop Making Unnecessary Cube Reviews

EntireTV

If a cube has been reviewed a million times, please don't make another review. ;)
Inspired By: The Cubing Show

EntireTV

I feel like this would be more amusing if you didn't have a serious review of the YueXiao on your channel which is rather similar to this one. Not that it would've been very amusing anyway.
Yeah I kinda rushed the video, but it wasn't exactly meant to be comedy either...

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
Eh. Let the kids have their fun. You don't have to watch it, just like you don't have to buy every cube that comes out. If you want a good review, go to a channel that you know makes good reviews, and over time maybe some of the ones you don't like will develop into reputable channels as well. And if they don't they'll probably stop making reviews. Unless you're worried about Youtube running out of server space, it's not hurting anybody, and I don't want to demean anybody, but bad videos can be kind of cute.

willi pilz

Eh. Let the kids have their fun. You don't have to watch it, just like you don't have to buy every cube that comes out. If you want a good review, go to a channel that you know makes good reviews, and over time maybe some of the ones you don't like will develop into reputable channels as well. And if they don't they'll probably stop making reviews. Unless you're worried about Youtube running out of server space, it's not hurting anybody, and I don't want to demean anybody, but bad videos can be kind of cute.
Best comment ever, agree 100% :).

turtwig

Isn't it better if you can hear a lot of different opinions? No one's forcing you to watch them.

I feel like this would be more amusing if you didn't have a serious review of the YueXiao on your channel which is rather similar to this one. Not that it would've been very amusing anyway.

Yes. I watched a few of his reviews and they all use the same generic formula that he's apparently complaining about.

Last edited:

EntireTV

Isn't it better if you can hear a lot of different opinions? No one's forcing you to watch them.

Yes. I watched a few of his reviews and they all use the same generic formula that he's apparently complaining about.
Those are slightly old. I'm not really gonna be making reviews anymore

MoyuFTW

WCA
2015LEEA05
but how else am i gonna get dat youtube money i have to keep making reviews like this
You're free to make as many videos as you want. There's no rule on it or anything. As a viewer though, I've recently not being watching all the reviews I've been seeing in my Inbox but that's because I don't need a new cube and aren't interested, so don't need to know everything.

WCA
2016BOUC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
What I tell a lot people who come to me asking about building a channel is make videos as much as you want but do it for the enjoyment of making videos. Having extra reviews out there is never a bad thing but I always tell people to try to bring something new to the table.

Toddyt1

What I tell a lot people who come to me asking about building a channel is make videos as much as you want but do it for the enjoyment of making videos. Having extra reviews out there is never a bad thing but I always tell people to try to bring something new to the table.

It's a review, there's nothing new to bring to the table, apart from your opinion.

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
It's a review, there's nothing new to bring to the table, apart from your opinion.

It is true that opinions are usually worthless, but not always. Especially when whether a cube is good, bad, or mediocre is a matter of opinion, hearing other people's opinions is actually worthwhile. If a lot of opinions concur, it's more likely that yours will too.

Toddyt1

It is true that opinions are usually worthless, but not always. Especially when whether a cube is good, bad, or mediocre is a matter of opinion, hearing other people's opinions is actually worthwhile. If a lot of opinions concur, it's more likely that yours will too.

I know I agree with you.

Joel2274

I kinda disagree with this. I really like lots a reviews on different puzzles and sometimes don't find enough of them when deciding to buy a puzzle. It brings more variety because everyone has their own opinion on the puzzle, so if 15 reviews say a puzzle has good corner cutting, while 4 do not, then it's probably good at corner cutting. I usually watch as many reviews as I can before buying a puzzle plus youcubers make their videos because it is fun.