• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Phillips Exeter Cube Day 2015 (Exeter, New Hampshire)

byliu88

WCA
2012LIUB01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hello everyone— I'm excited to announce Phillips Exeter Cube Day 2015! It's set on October 3rd, 2015, and will be the first WCA competition in Exeter (and I believe the state of New Hampshire as well). You may have seen it on Tim Reynolds' post about upcoming New England competitions. Exeter is about 1 hour north of Boston by car, so if you are near Massachusetts and missing Lexington 2015, this competition would be great for you.

Events:
2x2 Speedsolve - 2 rounds
3x3 Speedsolve - 3 rounds
4x4 Speedsolve - 2 rounds
5x5 Speedsolve - 1 round (tentative)
6x6 Speedsolve - 1 round
7x7 Speedsolve - 1 round
3x3 One-Handed - 2 rounds
3x3 Blindfolded - 1 round
Pyraminx - 2 rounds

CubingUSA:
http://goo.gl/Y3ROFO

World Cube Association:
https://goo.gl/MoQ8NB

Facebook Event:
https://goo.gl/m7RghR

Please keep in mind that registration is a flat fee of $15 paid the morning of the competition, and there is a limit of 125 competitors. If you know you won't be able to attend and have already registered online, please be considerate and send me an email to be removed, so that other competitors will be able to register. There also will be cash prizes in each event, courtesy of The Cubicle. I've worked closely with Tim, Phillips Exeter Cube Club, and the school to plan for this, and I'm looking forward to seeing all of you there this October!

Brandon

Last edited:

henrysavich

WCA
2013SAVI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
That seems like a very ambitious schedule, though I suppose you wouldn't expect that many people to show up in a new location.

Wish I could go, but it's a little out of my range :/, especially since it is so soon after Slow and Steady. Best of luck to you, always good to see comps in new areas!

byliu88

WCA
2012LIUB01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Thanks Henry! 7x7 and 3x3 BLD will actually be held concurrently, which will make it a bit more manageable than it looks just as a list up there. And I'm sorry that you won't be able to make it, I would've loved to see you there!

1w3playZ

WCA
2014MARS05
YouTube
Visit Channel
Well, a comp with a 2m 4x4 cutoff? Awesome, and no cutoff for OH. Definitely going to consider going. However I am going to Lexington and I don't really want to stack up on comps too much but hopefully I can come.
How far is it from Newburyport, MA? Seems a little far from ME so I'll do my normal deal at my cousins house.

byliu88

WCA
2012LIUB01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Well, a comp with a 2m 4x4 cutoff? Awesome, and no cutoff for OH. Definitely going to consider going. However I am going to Lexington and I don't really want to stack up on comps too much but hopefully I can come.
How far is it from Newburyport, MA? Seems a little far from ME so I'll do my normal deal at my cousins house.

According to Google Maps Exeter is only 26 minutes driving from Newburyport, MA, so you're in luck. Also, Exeter is right on the southern border of Maine, so if you live around there, the drive wouldn't be too bad either. You can also take the Amtrak Downeaster train right to PEA's campus which stops as far north as Brunswick, ME. I hope you can make it!

I've never been to a comp, but big cubes and easy cutoffs temp me.

Now is the best time to start going! 6x6 and 7x7 haven't been hosted in NE all year, so if big cubes are your thing, it's worth checking out.

Last edited:

byliu88

WCA
2012LIUB01
YouTube
Visit Channel
imHQ9Wj.png

Phillips Exeter Cube Club will be pre-selling these long sleeve t-shirts before the competition! Each shirt costs $15 and will be paid for and distributed the day of the competition. If you would like to purchase one, please fill out the form linked here: http://goo.gl/forms/J87igfWvfC

Pre-orders close on Sept. 22nd in order for the shirts to arrive in time for the competition.

Attachments

• 9-8-2015 2-04-51 PM.jpg
    9-8-2015 2-04-51 PM.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 2
Last edited: