• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

PC vs. Mac, the dreaded debate

Status
Not open for further replies.

blade740

Mack Daddy
WCA
2007NELS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm aware PCs can run OSX, but nowhere near as well as macs can.

What are you talking about? If you were to take a Mac and PC with exactly the same hardware specs with OS X installed on both of them, you'd get equal performance. I mean, same hardware, same software, the only difference between them is that one has an Apple logo and the other doesn't.

lolque?

More emphasis added.

LSDJ

WCA
2009MCCA02
This is unclear. The only comparison that can be drawn from this is OS vs. OS NOT PC vs. MAC. Apple is a Hardware company while Microsoft is a Software company, it would be like comparing apples to oranges.HA.
To there credit apple offers it's own OS to work with it's Hardware as well as the ability to run any other OS the user chooses. Having the integration of hardware and software allows for grater stability than piecing together a system from 15 different retailers.

4Chan

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
1269990123206.png

StachuK1992

statue
WCA
2008KORI02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Windows 7 + Xubuntu
:e

I can't stand Macs. Honestly, I don't really have any *great* reasons - it's probably just been instilled into my mind.

Nonetheless, every OS has their pros and cons, and it's really not a matter of what's better or worse, but rather of opinions. (other than the fact that BSD just sucks. :p)

Edmund

WCA
2008ROTH03
Mac, have you guys seen their commercials? You will learn about how terrible PCs are! :p

Just kidding about getting my ideas from a commercial but I love my Macs.

YouTube
Visit Channel
Windows for availability(software), Mac for the smoothness of the OS, and Linux for customization and wearing a tinfoil hat.

Macs tend to be built to a higher standard than pre-built Windows machines, although you can build your own comp. and have it at the same quality. On the other side Macs tend to be harder to repair than typical Windows machines.

Side-notes/ End notes:
Buy what you like.
Anyone who says they hate Macs have never used one or have only used their schools'.
A Mac is a PC (Personal Computer)

Edit: Macs can have viruses but very few have been made. ~88% to 91% of all computers are windows based. With computers being in such high demand and people storing TONS of personal info on their computer, it is much more advantageous for "hackers"(crackers)((not the racist term or food)) to target these machines.

Last edited:
So many uninformed replies leaves me almost speechless. Macs are built to a higher standard, so you pay for what you get. Windows is more customizable. But with Wine, Darwine, and BootCamp running Windows faster than many Windows machines, I can't imagine using anything other than a Mac. I would like them to cut down on their showiness, though.

kprox1994

WCA
2017PAAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
You basically want to use a Linux or PC based operating system for coding.

Mac is for people who just need to do stuff like email and chatting and whatnot.

If you just want to do that kind of stuff why waste $1500 on a MacBook Pro when you could buy a netbook or something for $300-$500? If that's all your going to use it for, then why bother spending all that money? I agree that Macs are good for things such as graphic design and video editing, but PC's can do it as well. It would cost you a less to buy a PC (yes I know they are all PC's I'm not dumb, but this is what many refer to them as, why the heck do you think they say "I'm a PC" in the Windows commercials?) and Sony Vegas that to buy a Mac that comes with iMovie (Sony Vegas is better anyway)
anyway, I don't necessarily "hate" macs, but I do hate apple as a company. To me, they are way to rigid, and they overcharge for music on iTunes and you can only play the music on iPods, which is stupid. They are just trying to get you to buy their product. I highly prefer my Sansa connect that I got for $30 on ebay than a $150 iPod nano. I do like the iPod touch's apps though, and if I got one, I would jailbreak it asap. If I was rich, I would probably buy a Mac just for the heck of it and to play around with, but I can pretty much guarantee that I would still prefer Windows. Another problem I have though is when people brag that they have a MacBook or an iphone, when someone could come up to them and say "I have a Win 7 laptop 8gb ram intel i7 processor and a Nexus One".
There's my little rant.

4Chan

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
>iTunes
>which is stupid.

So true.

I haet itunes.
I only use it as a necessity for my iPod.
(Which I got because it looks prettie~)

I really should get those other applications which work without itunes. =/

Status
Not open for further replies.