• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

OtterCuber's Progression Thread

EngiNerdBrian

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
I was watching your OLL practice videos and it seems you are being very intentional with your finger tricks and trying to maintain home grip. I think this is a very good thing although it may be harder at first.

I learned tons of algs with bad finger tricks and lot of unnecessary regrips and it has really hurt my long term progress; I wish I’d have approached learning algs more like you are.

Keep it up!

OtterCuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
I was watching your OLL practice videos and it seems you are being very intentional with your finger tricks and trying to maintain home grip. I think this is a very good thing although it may be harder at first.

I learned tons of algs with bad finger tricks and lot of unnecessary regrips and it has really hurt my long term progress; I wish I’d have approached learning algs more like you are.

Keep it up!

Thank you!

OtterCuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Pretty embarrassed at how slow my progress is, so I need to practice more and do more solves. I enjoy playing around with ZZ and corners-first on the side, and I'm slowly learning M2 as well.

2022-01-16_20.37.25_CST_OtterCuberProgression.png

Garf

WCA
2022TIND01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Pretty embarrassed at how slow my progress is, so I need to practice more and do more solves. I enjoy playing around with ZZ and corners-first on the side, and I'm slowly learning M2 as well.

View attachment 18468
Hey, progress is different for everyone! Don't feel bad for it!
Also, I am quitting the sight events, so not so many tips will be coming your way... at least for 3x3.