• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

OtterCuber's Progression Thread

OtterCuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Practicing F2L is really making me more consistent around the 30s mark:

byday.png

And memorized some interesting algs today (ignore the BR fingertrick; OreKehStrah taught me a better way):

OtterCuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Apparently the FL alg is a commutator, but I have to do more research on what that means (or reply below if you can teach me what it is):

On a long train journey, Smashin' PBs one a stop
YouTube
Visit Channel
I have to do more research on what that means (or reply below if you can teach me what it is):
A commutator is an alg which is of the form A B A' B'
let me show what that means through an example:
so, your F2L 33 alg is R' D R U' R' D' R U(adding the U in the end because it'll be easier for you to understand)
here, you can split this into (R' D R) (U') (R' D' R) (U)
you see that you're doing one set of moves, then another set of moves, then undoing the first set of moves that you did, then undoing the second set of moves that you did.

if you still don't understand, watch this

OtterCuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
A commutator is an alg which is of the form A B A' B'
let me show what that means through an example:
so, your F2L 33 alg is R' D R U' R' D' R U(adding the U in the end because it'll be easier for you to understand)
here, you can split this into (R' D R) (U') (R' D' R) (U)
you see that you're doing one set of moves, then another set of moves, then undoing the first set of moves that you did, then undoing the second set of moves that you did.

if you still don't understand, watch this
Awesome, thank you!