• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Organized folder of all my official solves- (does anyone else do this?)

WCA
2013BARK01
I have been to 5 competitions (6 soon hype) and most of my solves were recorded by whoever took me. I have uploaded all of these to a Google Drive folder over as I have done competitions. Of course, I will have a link (clicky) but I was sort of wondering: does anyone else do something like this, with an organized folder of all their official solves in one place? I'm sort of curious how weird I am.

WCA
2013BARK01
I don't have enough pictures taken of me at competitions to do this, but If I did, I would do this. Almost certain that others would do this though, it's just basic filing.

I bet that there are others, but I somewhat doubt that a lot of people do it in such a way. I can't be sure, but I bet that a lot of people either just put all their videos together, or maybe in groups by competition, or maybe some just keep notable solves or solves in notable averages. Just speculation.

Lucas Garron

Administrator
WCA
2006GARR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Wanted to, but I missed a few and so I said 'screw it'

It's never too late to start.

I have 10 years of competitions videos, and I still don't know all the places they're stored.
I use a similar system to store all my new videos locally, except that I index the folders by date rather than number – this makes it easier to sort and update.

attachment.php

I back up every photo and video I ever take to an external drive, and store the good ones in the folder I mentioned above.

Any organization system is better than nothing. Part of the reason my old videos aren't organized is because competition videos and practice videos and lots of other stuff is crammed into old archive folders. In the end, its easier just to organize them by date in case you might need them again (or let your favorite photo app do it for you). You never know what you might care about in 10 years.

Attachments

• video-folder.png
    video-folder.png
    52.6 KB · Views: 51