• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Online Cubing Comp (January 2022)

JJJAY

Quick suggestion for any future competitions you hold: there really isn't any reason to not mirror the WCA format by providing everyone with the full 5 scrambles.
thanks for suggesting, but I don't quite get what ur saying, do you mean I should do avg of 3 or avg of 5?
(I like suggestions and I like to improve, so gimme suggestions)

ender9994

WCA
2008GROM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
thanks for suggesting, but I don't quite get what ur saying, do you mean I should do avg of 3 or avg of 5?
(I like suggestions and I like to improve, so gimme suggestions)

For 3x3, I would provide everyone with 5 scrambles, then get an avg. of 3 by dropping the best and worst times. Same way it is done in official wca competitions

That being said, there have been quite a few forum competitions being posted recently. Perhaps you would have better luck at getting people to participate if you came up with some unique events that are different than wca events.

JJJAY

For 3x3, I would provide everyone with 5 scrambles, then get an avg. of 3 by dropping the best and worst times. Same way it is done in official wca competitions

That being said, there have been quite a few forum competitions being posted recently. Perhaps you would have better luck at getting people to participate if you came up with some unique events that are different than wca events.
im am autually thinking of 2x2 oh, 1x1 and most creative cube art award

hi, i added 2 OH to the next comp

is anyone here going to join my next comp

Rubuscu

Hi there. I want to join this competition. Just one thing, will it be OK if I show just my hands solving the cube in the video, or do I need to show my face as well in the video?

RisingShinx

Hi, The number of WCA comps have reduced a lot and we all want comps.

It is best to take a video of your solves and upload them

Podium = top 5 people

I will announce the winner and people on the podium

Do 3 solves

If you are recording your solves, pls record yourself scrambling and solving

Upload your video, times of your solves here: https://forms.gle/UXReAYNSu7TfqzVS7

Results will be announced in this post on January 31st, 2022

The next comp is on February 2022, it has 2x2, 3x3, 4x4, Square-1, 2x2 OH and Skewb that yall voted for, so look out for that too! (I will link the next comp in this post later)

Requested Events:
Skewb = 2
2x2 = 4
Square-1 = 3
4x4 = 1
2x2 OH = 5

Events added to next comp (February 2022)
2x2 ao5, I think many people like this event so I added it
Skewb ao2, Fun event, I’ll add it
Square-1 ao2, Square-1 can be fun
4x4, I am only going to do 1 solve for this because it can be long sometimes
2x2 OH ao2, SO MANY people requested for it

Thanks a lot
Hello. I just joined this website and i would like to enter. is it too late for me to compete?

JJJAY

Hi there. I want to join this competition. Just one thing, will it be OK if I show just my hands solving the cube in the video, or do I need to show my face as well in the video?
Surre, only hands will do

Hello. I just joined this website and i would like to enter. is it too late for me to compete?
U can join as long as it is still January 2022

upload the videos to where?
To the forms

Last edited: