• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

August Online Cubing Comp (2x2, 3x3, 4x4, OH, 5x5, 6x6, 7x7, Skewb, etc.)

Corner Swap

YouTube
Visit Channel
I am a speedcuber who averages about 40 seconds and I will have this competition up in August. First round starts on August 1, and ends August 11, when the second round will start, ending August 22, when the finals will start, ending on August 31. DM me the times, no prizes, free entering, bla bla bla.
EVENTS:
2x2, 3x3, 4x4, 5x5, 6x6, 7x7, 8x8, 9x9, 10x10, OH 2x2, OH 3x3, OH 4x4, Mirror Blocks, Skewb, Pyraminx, Kilominx, Megaminx, and the Redi Cube.
Top ten from first round make second round, top five make finals, and the winner of 3x3 wins the August comp.

Spreadsheet: https://1drv.ms/x/s!AmIpwZGVYkuS8hvHSiNjbqi_RYxI?e=JE3Gm2

Last edited:
WCA
2020WADH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I could do more events but I will focus on doing well in my main events.

I will do:
2x2
3x3
5x5
3OH
Pyra
Skewb

Also, can you do a specific "event" for overall best performance? (Like, (Sum of Ranks)/(Number of Events))

Corner Swap

YouTube
Visit Channel
let's say I only did 2x2 and 3x3.

2x2: 19th place
3x3: 15th place

19+15=34
34/2 (amount of events) = 17

Score: 17
Lowest score wins!
Also, I like the idea and I think they'd give the same results, but adding is easier to see and subtracting is easier to compute, so should subtracting for the info collecting and display addition?