• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

One-Answer Pyraminx Question Thread

Hello i was just looking for the best pyraminx should i get MeiChi Congs design pyraminx or x man bell M
BTW i like stickerless and i shop from thecubicle.us :)

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
Hello i was just looking for the best pyraminx should i get MeiChi Congs design pyraminx or x man bell M
BTW i like stickerless and i shop from thecubicle.us :)
Yep as @JustAnotherGenericCuber said I would definitely recommend that you get the X-Man Bell. Also, if you have ShengShou or Moyu magnetic springs then I would recommend that you try those out in the X-Man bell as well. At the moment I have the ShengShou springs in my X-man and I really like it, and I also removed 2 magnetics from each of the tips and that now make it a little lighter to turn the tips.

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
What is a good pyraminx method? I am currently trying l4e and I hate it.
As @CornerCutter, some top-first methods would be the best option. I tried l4e and top-first out for a bit before I decieded on what I liked best and top-first was the one for me. I would recommend that you start with Keyhole, 1-flip, and/or OKA, and then if you continue with top-first then move on to Nutella, and WO. Nutella and WO are more advanced methods and not something that you need to learn if you just keep to the first 3 methods, but there are times that WO and Nutella can come in handy to know.

Rubix Noob

I would try 1-flip or test a few different top first methods.
As @CornerCutter, some top-first methods would be the best option. I tried l4e and top-first out for a bit before I decieded on what I liked best and top-first was the one for me. I would recommend that you start with Keyhole, 1-flip, and/or OKA, and then if you continue with top-first then move on to Nutella, and WO. Nutella and WO are more advanced methods and not something that you need to learn if you just keep to the first 3 methods, but there are times that WO and Nutella can come in handy to know.
Thanks! I am trying to learn Keyhole now.

brododragon

Should I learn FFL or FP? I'm currently trying to find an advanced method to learn and can't decide.

Wow this thread is acient.

WCA
2017BAIS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
So I recently transitioned to L4E from LBL. I know how to solve all of the L4E cases but my recognition time is very slow. Are there any ways by which I can get reduce my recognition time? Or with just practice only it will improve?

WCA
2017BRYA06
YouTube
Visit Channel
So I recently transitioned to L4E from LBL. I know how to solve all of the L4E cases but my recognition time is very slow. Are there any ways by which I can get reduce my recognition time? Or with just practice only it will improve?
With l4e I learned how to recognize each case by only looking at the U layer edges and center, then did a lot of practice from there.