• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

One-Answer Lube Thread

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
Guys, I have a moyu rs3m 2021 maglev and a gan 356 m.
I am an absolute beginner.
I'm going to buy some lube.
I can't decide between traxxas 50k, 30k, qiyi m-lube .... I will only buy one, so I have to lubricate both the core and the parts with the same lubricant .... only one lubricant to lubricate all parts of mine two cubes.
which one should i buy?
If I was buying a single lube it would be Silk.

povlhp

I like fast cubes. And testing some world class cuber’s cubes I see they like a fast setup as well - not too different from mine.
my favourite lube is 100cSt gear oil. I don’t see much use for the heavier lubes like 50k.
M-lube is known to be one of the better cheap China lubes

Senzaparole74

thanks for the replies.
SILK lubricant is also good for the core of my cubes: moyu rs3m 2021 maglev and gan 356-m?

A few messages ago I read that if only one lubricant were to be chosen to lubricate the whole cube, many users would choose the traxxas 50k for both the core and the pieces.

p.s. is SILK or M-LUBE better (as the only lubricant)?

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
I have the MGC 5, and the inner layers feel hard to turn, the feeling is sorta like the magnets themselves are too strong, although I imagine this is a misattribution. Also, the green side in particular has a noticeable spring sound when turning.

I'm not sure if this would be fixed by lubing, but I wasn't sure where else to put it

CatSharked

WCA
2023WYAT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I have the MGC 5, and the inner layers feel hard to turn, the feeling is sorta like the magnets themselves are too strong, although I imagine this is a misattribution. Also, the green side in particular has a noticeable spring sound when turning.

I'm not sure if this would be fixed by lubing, but I wasn't sure where else to put it
Lube could probably fix this, but I know nothing about 5x5

Cuber2s

WCA
2021DACH01
YouTube
Visit Channel

My MGC felt like that too. I loosened it by a half turn on every side, and lubed the side with spring noise with Traxxas 50k.

Garf

WCA
2022TIND01
YouTube
Visit Channel

Lubicle Black is a really good core lube, and maybe stardust could take care of the middle layers. A good cleaning is a good way to reset the cube as well.

povlhp

I have a Rubik's 2.0 2x2 or something like that and it makes this sound that's like it's scraping against something. I lubed it but the sound didn't go away. I think it's the screw, but I was told not to lube screws. What should I do?
ALL 2x2 are noisy.