• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

One-Answer Clock Question Thread

Loser

WCA
2016QUIN01
If you have something that isn't a Rubik's, there isn't that much hope. If it is, and you haven't lubed it, I'd suggest this tutorial.
If you have, I don't really know, sorry.

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
Does anyone know if my Lingo clock would be competition legal, if I make the 12'clock hand more prominent then the rest of the hands?

What I mean is for my Lingo clock (and I think all the other lingo clocks as well) all the hands are yellow, and it is really hard to tell if you have them all facing the 12 at the end of a solve, unless you look closely. So I was thinking of coloring the 12 hand either black or something akin to be able to see the difference, but I do not want to do it if it were to make it illegal.

Thank you very much in advance for your help, and please let me know if you need further explanation.

Liam Wadek

WCA
2017WADE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Does anyone know if my Lingo clock would be competition legal, if I make the 12'clock hand more prominent then the rest of the hands?

What I mean is for my Lingo clock (and I think all the other lingo clocks as well) all the hands are yellow, and it is really hard to tell if you have them all facing the 12 at the end of a solve, unless you look closely. So I was thinking of coloring the 12 hand either black or something akin to be able to see the difference, but I do not want to do it if it were to make it illegal.

Thank you very much in advance for your help, and please let me know if you need further explanation.
Making a part of it stand out to make it easier for you would be an unfair advantage, so it would most likely be illegal.

U

Underwatercuber

For Clock, custom "inserts" (the same shape and size as the traditional paper inserts) are permitted, at the discretion of the WCA Delegate. The inserts must have a clear indication of 12 o'clock that matches the original inserts.
https://www.worldcubeassociation.org/regulations/#3h4
So yes they are legal as long as younfollow those guidelines
Making a part of it stand out to make it easier for you would be an unfair advantage, so it would most likely be illegal.
It’s a completely fair advantage seeing how any competitor is able to access it, it’s like saying custom sticker shades should be illegal because it gives aomeone an unfair advantage :p

Jam88

YouTube
Visit Channel
sorry about the bumpity bump, but I was wondering how scrambles work. From CSTimer, I get scrambles like these: UR5+ DR3+ DL0+ UL3- U3+ R1+ D2- L2+ ALL2- y2 U4+ R0- D3- L1- ALL5- DL UL. For the purposes of this question, please focus on the italicised sections. As there is just a 0, do I skip it, or is there something special when there is a 0?

CrispyCubing

WCA
2019YODE02
YouTube
Visit Channel
sorry about the bumpity bump, but I was wondering how scrambles work. From CSTimer, I get scrambles like these: UR5+ DR3+ DL0+ UL3- U3+ R1+ D2- L2+ ALL2- y2 U4+ R0- D3- L1- ALL5- DL UL. For the purposes of this question, please focus on the italicised sections. As there is just a 0, do I skip it, or is there something special when there is a 0?
Just skip the moves. Also, (assuming you already searched for an answer elsewhere) don't be sorry about bumping this thread. How else are you going to ask?

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
True and thanks. Why are they still in the scramble then? Scrambler efficiency and pattern exploitation?

The pattern is UR, DR, DL, UL, U, R, D, L, ALL, y2, U, R, D, L, ALL for every scramble, so it makes it easier to create a scramble generator and scrambling efficiency to always have the same pattern

OreKehStrah

YouTube
Visit Channel
Just curious, are people out there actually using the no-flip method? I think I’ve seen one of the Morrison’s make a video but besides that I haven’t really seen anyone use it

D

Deleted member 55877

Just curious, are people out there actually using the no-flip method? I think I’ve seen one of the Morrison’s make a video but besides that I haven’t really seen anyone use it
i think currently people only use it for very easy scrambles

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results

I think all of the top solvers have accepted it as better than 1-flip, although I'm not sure if people are actually using it in their solves yet.

WCA
2017BRYA06
YouTube
Visit Channel
I guess no flip could theoretically be faster than 1 flip, but finger tricks are awkward, it’s super risky, you can’t avoid DR/DL moves as easily, and you have to spend more time 1 looking and memorizing the back cross solution instead of having time to look for a better solution, so I don’t think it will be used any time soon.

Headrick

Where can I find a list of wca clock scrambles I can practice using? All I find are people confused on how to scramble. Do most people not use official scrambles?