• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

One-Answer Clock Question Thread

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Can you do this comfortably in 15 seconds? I tried Matt's noflip method for a while and what was holding me back the most is that my general BLD skill is pretty low...

Also, to answer an earlier question on fingertrick resources, I have a limited amount of things on my website :)
Thanks, your website is really helpful!

Yeah, it's quite easy to inspect for this method in 15 seconds even after just a day or two of practice (and less than a week of clock solving). But, it's not as good as bob's method (I have more D moves and an inefficient pin order). So although my method is simple for a beginner, you probably won't find it fast.

Quick question about WCA scrambling notation; let's say I got UR DR UL at the end of the scramble, are those pins put up or down? The regulation make no allusion to this at all.

Up. It's annoying since you finish the scramble with all pins up.

GenTheSnail

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I just snapped off a piece of my clock's casing while trying to open it. My clock is illegal now.
1. Can I just ditch the outer clear case and submit my clock without it, assuming I've secured the inserts ect. ?
2. Or could I cut/snap off near-identically shaped pieces from mirrored section of the case to make the damage alternate design not permit the orientation known?

U

Underwatercuber

I just snapped off a piece of my clock's casing while trying to open it. My clock is illegal now.
1. Can I just ditch the outer clear case and submit my clock without it, assuming I've secured the inserts ect. ?
2. Or could I cut/snap off near-identically shaped pieces from mirrored section of the case to make the damage alternate design not permit the orientation known?
I have had that happen before as well (the case breaking) I would suggest getting a new clock and being extremely careful with its case while taking it off and use that case on your clock. You can use the new clock for spare parts.

Duncan Bannon

A few questions.

Rubiks vs Lingao?
What method (to get sub 18 ish)
How hard is it to get sub 18?

Thanks in advance.

U

Underwatercuber

A few questions.

Rubiks vs Lingao?
What method (to get sub 18 ish)
How hard is it to get sub 18?

Thanks in advance.
Lingao or Rubik’s or lingao with Rubik’s pins. Make sure you set it up since that makes a huge difference. Magnetic is better (magnetize using Nikos tutorial)
Begginers method is the most advanced method (all word records have been set with it I think)
Not hard to get sub 18, just solve a ton. I got to sub 12 within about two weeks of getting a clock.

With all the things I just have you advise for I now average high 6 so that’s all you need really :)

Duncan Bannon

If I magnetize a Lingao do I need to get Rubik's Pins? Thanks for the info! Ill plan on joining the race thread once I get a clock. My SR is only about 20 seconds.

U

Underwatercuber

If I magnetize a Lingao do I need to get Rubik's Pins? Thanks for the info! Ill plan on joining the race thread once I get a clock. My SR is only about 20 seconds.
I would encourage buying both a lingao and Rubik’s and magnetize then both with the same magnetic polarities. Try out the lingao and Rubik’s and see which you like more on its own, then disassemble them and put the Rubik’s pins in the lingao and see if you like it more than the lingao or Rubik’s.

Duncan Bannon

@Underwatercuber I tried to PM you but it said I couldn't. So ill ask here. Ill buy the Lingao from the cubicle. But the Rubiks clock from ebay. Should I get this or this? Also I plan to get 13x2 N52 with 8mm gap and 5x1 n35 magnets.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Kids-Child...632090?hash=item56a680951a:g:1EkAAOSwGzhaKXZE

or

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Lo...764803?hash=item2855002583:g:Zw0AAOSwTPRaou0w

Edit- Should I use silicon spray to lube it? Or like Weight 5? The video you posted on this thread #34 used spray.