• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Older cubers discussions

Rocky0701

WCA
2014MCEV01
YouTube
Visit Channel
OMG OMG OMG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ui_B-9hZWQw

EDIT:
I am so excited!!! I would say rather lucky since I could easily see all pairs (3rd pair made on accident) with a nice PLL skip!

9.86 R2 D' R2 D U F2 R2 U2 L2 U' F2 R' F U F' D U2 F L' B'

y x // inspection
D x' D2 R' L // cross (5)
U' R U' R' R' U2 R L' U L //1ST (10)
U' R U' R' U2 R U2 R' U R U' R' //2ND (11)
y U R' U R //3RD (5)
R U' R' U' R U R' U2 R U' R' //4TH (9)
R U R' U' R' F R F' //OLL (8)
U' // auf (1)
tps 4.9
What the heck Marcel! My PB is only like 10.14 :p

Sweet solve though, and congrats!

MarcelP

WCA
2012POOT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I hope no one thinks 'what a show off'.. But it is since these kind of solves are so rare for me that when they happen on camera I want every one to see it..LOL

Notice the U' U U' U' and y y y. I do that a lot. I sometimes need that to look for the next pair.. LOL

89. 12.07 U' F2 D2 L2 U' R2 F2 D L2 R B L' B D R2 F' R' B' U2
x y2 // inspection
D' L F' L' U' B2 // cross (6)
y U' U U' U' R' U R //1st (8)
U R U' R' //2nd (4)
y y y R U2 R' U R U' R' //3rd (10)
U L' U L //4th (4)
U2 L' U' L U' L' U2 L //OLL (8)
U // auf (1)
41 moves 3.4 TPS

Last edited by a moderator:

Logiqx

WCA
2015GEOR02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I hope no one thinks 'what a show off'.. But it is since these kind of solves are so rare for me that when they happen on camera I want every one to see it..LOL

Good to see these solves on film. I tried recording yesterday but I was too conscious of the camera. I got a few 16s singles (normal move counts iirc) but I didn't have time to review them before heading off for a short holiday.

Looks like you're getting on well with the 356.

I have yet to set up my HuaLong. I usually use Lubix for the core and Maru for the pieces but I'm all out of Lubix. I ordered some Traxxas (3 pack - 10k, 30k, 50k) earlier this week and it arrived yesterday. I'll probably do my new cubes next weekend.

mark49152

Premium Member
WCA
2015RIVE05
YouTube
Visit Channel
What's amazing about that solve is that it looks so slow and full of pauses yet still comes in at 12.07 ;) Super calm and composed. You are certainly getting a few fast singles these days.

Today I broke my PB ao50 and ao100 for the third time this week - 18.30 and 18.74 respectively. That's my 4th consecutive sub-19 ao100. Must be what I'm eating. Now for the next 2-3 weeks I have work trips and busy times so inevitably another break from cubing!

MarcelP

WCA
2012POOT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Good to see these solves on film. I tried recording yesterday but I was too conscious of the camera.

Yeah, that is why use the camera a lot. It gets me trained in being on the spot.

What's amazing about that solve is that it looks so slow and full of pauses yet still comes in at 12.07 ;) Super calm and composed. You are certainly getting a few fast singles these days.

Today I broke my PB ao50 and ao100 for the third time this week - 18.30 and 18.74 respectively. That's my 4th consecutive sub-19 ao100. Must be what I'm eating. Now for the next 2-3 weeks I have work trips and busy times so inevitably another break from cubing!
Nice going Mark. I did an 125 solves average today with the Gan356. I am not quite used to it's speed. I had a 20.08 average. You are definatly quite faster than me now ;)

MarcelP

WCA
2012POOT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Funny how our PBs are all within 0.2-0.3s though, except for single. That's nothing, just 1-2%

Yeah, but I have had only one sub 19 Ao100 and sub 20 is even hard for me today :)

and I'm sure I'll come back from my break to find you back in front ;)

That would be so nice.. I feel like I am almost a year at my current speed.. Time for some serious spurt I hope. :)

Logiqx

WCA
2015GEOR02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yeah, that is why use the camera a lot. It gets me trained in being on the spot.

Nice going Mark. I did an 125 solves average today with the Gan356. I am not quite used to it's speed. I had a 20.08 average. You are definatly quite faster than me now ;)

I'll try to record more often so that I don't notice it. Maybe catch some good solves by chance!

I only had time for 20 solves today but they came out pretty consistent despite having my g/f in the room...

# of solving: 20
Std Dev: 1.149
Best of all: 15.750
Worst of all: 21.953
Average of all: 19.668
Best Avg of 5: 18.941
Best Avg of 12: 19.277

Towards the end I was also having to answer occasional questions from my g/f. Usually followed by...

"Sorry. Did I mess up your time?"

Maybe it is a good way to get used to unexpected distractions!

sneaklyfox

WCA
2013HUNG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I haven't been on speedsolving for awhile now... busy playing a new game on my tablet... haven't cubed much though I do may a dozen solves a day... still got a sub-10 just now and really happy cuz it hasn't happened in awhile.

How are all my cubing buddies here?

MarcelP

WCA
2012POOT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Oh my goodness Marcel sub-10 solve way to go!!! Was that your first one?

Loved the reaction... "Whaa.... whoaa..."

LOL.. yeah.. I have been getting some nice singles lately. Did you se also the reaction on the 12.07.. that was a little better :) I was wondering where you had gone.. And yes, it was my first sub 10. I just had a 10.86 one or two weeks before that. So all in all I have been getting better singles but my averages stay the same (at the 20 secs range).

sneaklyfox

WCA
2013HUNG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
That's a good point, where has Sneakly gone? Haven't seen her for a while.

We should all spam her inbox haha.

LOL.. yeah.. I have been getting some nice singles lately. Did you se also the reaction on the 12.07.. that was a little better :) I was wondering where you had gone..

Aww... I didn't know you all cared about me that much. ;) Hehe... I've been around and still cubing though a little less as game occupies my time more and definitely not on the forums much. A cube comp is happening pretty close to me later this month but I'm not able to go as I have to stay home to care for the kids... I guess I'll have to wait for another year.

Link to 12.07? Couldn't see it...

MarcelP

WCA
2012POOT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Aww... I didn't know you all cared about me that much. ;) Hehe...

Link to 12.07? Couldn't see it...

You know you are my favorite female cuber.. LOL

89. 12.07 U' F2 D2 L2 U' R2 F2 D L2 R B L' B D R2 F' R' B' U2
x y2 // inspection
D' L F' L' U' B2 // cross (6)
y U' U U' U' R' U R //1st (8)
U R U' R' //2nd (4)
y y y R U2 R' U R U' R' //3rd (10)
U L' U L //4th (4)
U2 L' U' L U' L' U2 L //OLL (8)
U // auf (1)
41 moves 3.4 TPS

EDIT: such a shame you can't go to that competition. :) Please tell you husband you are all fed up with that baby sitting nonsence and you need some time for your self :) Ha ha..

Last edited by a moderator:

Logiqx

WCA
2015GEOR02
YouTube
Visit Channel
You are improving allright :) Worst time 21.xx.. Keep it up..

I'll try to keep it going. Daily solves do wonders for me but it can be hard to find time some days.

I did a couple of dozen solves earlier today and got a PB single of 13.68... full step but easy!

The session average scraped in at 19.97. I don't consider myself to be sub-20 yet but I've had a few sub-20 sessions.

Logiqx

WCA
2015GEOR02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Here's the scramble: F' R' F' R' U' F' B2 D' B2 U' R F R' D R B' R2 F2 R' F' R2 D' R' L D

Unfortunately, I was unable to reproduce my solution although the cross options seemed to be the same.

I seem to remember taking 4-5 moves for the cross, 2 or 3 lucky pairs which were 3 moves, sune/anti-sune and a fast PLL (H, U, J).

I couldn't even remember the PLL afterwards but I was in shock after seeing a time 2 seconds faster than my good daily singles. lol