• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Older cubers discussions

sneaklyfox

WCA
2013HUNG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Like Marcel said, 5x5 is fun. It was the AoChuang that made it fun for me though. Maybe one for your "to get" list?

Well, I want to concentrate on other things first. I'm thinking maybe after I get sub-1 on 4x4 I would buy a mini Aosu (or full size... I'm still using my Weisu). By the time I'm ready to do 5x5 maybe there will be an even better cube on the market. Anyway, isn't the HuaChuang supposed to come out sometime?

Ok, so votes are in. I guess I will focus on 4x4 for the next couple weeks. Thanks.

mark49152

Premium Member
WCA
2015RIVE05
YouTube
Visit Channel
Will you get the HuaChuang?

I've ordered a mini AoSu last week and wanted to include the HuaChuang, but I somehow forgot it... Well, I think I'll wait for some reviews.
My HuaChuang is in shipping. My mini AoSu came a few days ago - it's nice, but the outer layers are a little more catchy, as Feliks said in his review. My times are a few seconds slower because of that. I'm going to keep breaking it for a couple hundred solves in then disassemble and retension.

Anybody here into cuboids?

mark49152

Premium Member
WCA
2015RIVE05
YouTube
Visit Channel
If not seen yet, I can recommend Super Antonio Vivaldis Cuboid Classification series starting here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2QWGjCDMwU
Yeah it's good but goes on a bit. The intro is definitely worth watching. I find his solutions a bit weird though. IMHO it's much easier to solve cuboids from the inside out, because solving the outer layers while preserving the inners is a lot easier than solving the inners preserving the outers. Brick parity being a case in point - I never get it, at least on 2x3x4 which is my only brick :).

MarcelP

WCA
2012POOT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Just a quick update on my Roux endevours.. I have been doing Roux only for two months now. Today I had a nice Average Ao25 30.18. With last solve:

My first sub 20.. :)

17.75 R F2 L2 U' R2 D F2 L2 R2 D L2 U' L' R D' R' B L' D2 R B

z2// inspection
L' F' L' U L F R U R' // FB, that was pure CFOP skill (9)
y M2 // hey I was looking for the blue/yellow edge but hey I made a pair (2)
U R U R2 U' R' U R' U R// Second block (10)
R' U L' U2 R U' L R' U L' U2 R U' L // CMLL (13)
M U' M' // EO (3)
M U2 M' U' M2 U U2 (Yeah I know) M2 U2 // Permutation of the rest (9)
[video=youtube_share;9G7P6-msKJw]http://youtu.be/9G7P6-msKJw[/video]

Last edited:

mark49152

Premium Member
WCA
2015RIVE05
YouTube
Visit Channel
Just a quick update on my Roux endevours.. I have been doing Roux only for two months now.
Nice. Have you come to a conclusion on whether you have better potential to be faster with Roux or CFOP?

Edit: I tried your solve twice but can't get that CMLL to work...

Last edited:

MarcelP

WCA
2012POOT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Nice. Have you come to a conclusion on whether you have better potential to be faster with Roux or CFOP?

Edit: I tried your solve twice but can't get that CMLL to work...

I am sorry:

R' U L' U2 R U' L R' U L' U2 R U' L // CMLL (13)

I forgot a U2 ;)

I am not sure if I ever will be faster at Roux. Truth is that I hardly practice anything lately. Maybe 10 minutes per day. Still I continue to make progress. Now that I am the 30 seconds border I might have to start wondering if I will continue. Thing is, I really like Roux. But what you said about akward moves making it low TPS is very true. I think I might never be faster with Roux just because of that. But I suck at looking ahead in Roux. Pieces are all over the cube except in the left block. That makes it quite hard for me. Advanced Roux user have no problem with this. They seem to know where all the pieces are. And L6E (last six edges) is very important to know how to look ahead. I am getting better at it, but still I am beyond beginner level. Most people that even have never donw Roux are faster than me at it ;)

sk8erman41

WCA
2015BURK01
Hey, are you guys going to get the HuaChuang? I still haven't gotten an AoChuang so if it gets good reviews then I will definitely get it.
Got mine last Friday and have been breaking it in throughout the week. First impressions were that it was an improvement over the AoChuang but not a gigantic one. Finally disassembled, cleaned, and lubed it this morning and WOW! This thing is now awesome! Still playing with the tensions and need to get that right, but it really does feel just like the AoSu/WeiSu difference. Both great cubes, AoSu better. AoChuang is good, HuaChuang better. It does feel somewhat catchy during 3x3 stage as stated in Feliks' video, but I think that might be a tension issue that I am working on. Overall, I would say that if you already have an AoChuang its pretty darn good and you may not want to spend the extra money on the HuaChuang (but if you do you won't be disappointed), but if you don't already have one, DEFINITELY go for the HuaChuang.

Last edited:

mark49152

Premium Member
WCA
2015RIVE05
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yeah I don't like the feel of my HuaChuang as much as my AoChuang, but at least it doesn't have a seizure every third solve. Perhaps I just need to tension and lube. I'll do that once it's better broken in.