• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Ohio Fall 2011

Yuxuibbs

WCA
2011CHEN54
YouTube
Visit Channel
First competition I go to :D super excited
Will there be a meet or something the day/night before? It takes 3+ hours to drive there.

The one competition I can actually go to and Anthony can't go....

Last edited:

FatBoyXPC

WCA
2010LACH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Seth: Only if Shaden doesn't show up :p Why'd you skip Indiana?!?!

Trevor: Nakai Velasquez might be interested in the 5x5, let me talk to him and find out.

Ilkyoo: This is quite a drive for you! Has to be a good 5-6 hour drive. I hate driving the 3-3.5 hours it takes :p

Evan Liu

WCA
2009LIUE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I also would like it if there were 4x4, and I'm actually a bit faster *cough* than the others saying it... but that's not a reason I wouldn't come. :)

Why doesn't the "Contact Us" on the competition web page work? After I type in the captcha and click submit, it just refreshes the page with my message still there but the captcha blank. And believe me, I am getting the captcha right. :p I have tried it more than 5 times already, getting the same result each time. I do not wish to ask my question here.

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
So what happened? Did they just get burnt out on it?

You don't seem to understand - Jim is saying that up until recently, we were the only region to frequently hold those events. Now what has changed is that other regions are also holding them more frequently. (Nothing in the past few months, but Berkeley and MIT have them coming up soon.) But we're still doing plenty of them - we had 7x7x7 last weekend. (and 4x4x4 and 5x5x5)

I personally love big cubes. I'd love a competition where we didn't do any cubes smaller than a 4x4x4, but I just suspect that not many people would come to it. When it comes to speedsolving, my favorite puzzles are 5x5x5, 7x7x7, and square-1, in that order.

Of course, doing big cubes takes longer, so you often have to drop two other events to hold one big cube event. That's one reason why they're relatively rare.

Edit: Oh, and I'm sad to say that we won't be able to attend this one. :( My daughters have a big dance presentation a little before noon that day in Indiana - it's the first time my littlest one has been in it, so she's particularly excited about it!

Last edited:

Yuxuibbs

WCA
2011CHEN54
YouTube
Visit Channel
I know this is a bump.
Is anyone selling stickers? I can't order anything online and really need stickers.

Don't really care about standard/bright unless it's 3x3.
3x3: half brights, regular or F2 almost all my 3x3 stickers are chipping off (completely) and need to be replaced.
Pyraminx: stickers won't stay on cube
Megaminx: can't tell difference between blue/purple, red/orange, and the 2 purples
2x2: purple side is throwing me off
I don't have that much money but I'll bring enough to pay for stickers.

IMSLOW1097

WCA
2009ABRA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
i want to buy an alpha cube at this comp....does anybody have an alpha CC, alpha V or alpha V-f they would be willing to sell or trade for a guhong (it's really good...cuts about 40, reverse cuts about 2/3 cubie, incredibly FAST)?

iEnjoyCubing

WCA
2011VALL01
I know this is a bump.
Is anyone selling stickers? I can't order anything online and really need stickers.

3x3: half brights, regular or F2 almost all my 3x3 stickers are chipping off (completely) and need to be replaced.
Megaminx: can't tell difference between blue/purple, red/orange, and the 2 purples

I've got some Pyraminx stickers I'd be willing to sell you for like $2.

i want to buy an alpha cube at this comp....does anybody have an alpha CC, alpha V or alpha V-f they would be willing to sell or trade for a guhong (it's really good...cuts about 40, reverse cuts about 2/3 cubie, incredibly FAST)?

I have an Alpha CC that I'd be willing to sell, but not trade. Since it's lubed/broken in I would expect around $12. You can try it at the comp and see if you like it.

emolover

WCA
2009MAHO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I know this is a bump.

Bill is selling stickers there and they are really nice!

His username is radmin and his stickers are fairly cheap. I don't think he has pyraminx stickers, I might be able to sell you some though. Keyword is MIGHT.