• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Noobiest thing you've done?

TheSquareOne

WCA
2015MOON02
Noobiest thing I’ve done?

Well I once - rather naively - mentioned to a non-cuber that I needed ‘special lubricant to do my Rubik’s cube’.
That joke still hasn’t died down...

pkvk9122

Noobiest thing I’ve done?

Well I once - rather naively - mentioned to a non-cuber that I needed ‘special lubricant to do my Rubik’s cube’.
That joke still hasn’t died down...

hahahahaha pure gold xD. Done that myself too.

Christmas

YouTube
Visit Channel
I just competed yesterday and I had an easy V perm but I thought it was an A perm and I ****ed up the solve, ended up with a 28 instead of a 19 :/

Chog

When I first got a Rubik's cube in middle school I gave up solving it because I couldn't make the LL algorithms work. A few years later I scrutinized the cube more and realized two stickers were switched at one point (Why? By whom??) and after I switched them back I could solve the cube. I spent a few years thinking I was just stupid...

Hssandwich

WCA
2013SAVA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
When I first got a Rubik's cube in middle school I gave up solving it because I couldn't make the LL algorithms work. A few years later I scrutinized the cube more and realized two stickers were switched at one point (Why? By whom??) and after I switched them back I could solve the cube. I spent a few years thinking I was just stupid...

Same lol, but a corner was twisted instead of two stickers

DGCubes

WCA
2013GOOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I was such a noob in the early years... I remember my first comp was January 2013 right after Magic and Master Magic were no longer official events. I saw some people practicing Magic and I legitimately considered going up and informing them that they wouldn't be able to compete in it because it wasn't an event anymore. Also, at that comp I used a Rubik's, and I thought I had a chance at round 2 with a 45-ish average.

ducttapecuber

Premium Member
WCA
2014SHIE03
I was using a Rubik's brand (this was about 4+ years ago) and I wanted a better "speed cube" that was better than a Rubik's vaselined. So I did some research and saw that the zhanchi was the *best* cube out there. So I ordered it on amazon and was very excited. I later returned it because I thought the cube was crap and kept "falling apart" (it was super lose"

joshsailscga

WCA
2014MORR01
My first comp was US Nats 2014, I'd been speedcubing for about two months, so I knew who Feliks and Mats were from Youtube. During Nationals I went up to them while they were talking and asked who I thought was a random other person to take my picture with them...realized later it was Rowe Hessler

stunseed

i needed to replace stickers on my cube. so while putting the stickers on i had put them in the wrong spot by accidentally turning a face of the cube while applying stickers