• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Non-Cubers say the darndest things!

freshcuber

WCA
2011MURR02
I'm at about 27 and people are easily amused at my school. I was drilling PLLs in lunch once and a girls head almost started spinning because of my TPS (I can't sub-1 anything and only my fastest are sub-2)

Another thing is by cubes. People were blown away by my 4x4. However, not knowing the OLL Parity alg from memory sucks cause when I don't have my alg sheet on me I just pop the dedge and flip it and people go ballistic calling me a cheater. So when I get my 5x5 I'm not bringing it in until I can do all the parities from memory. (although isn't it possible to avoid parity on odd layered by cubes?)

uberCuber

WCA
2011THOM01
I'm at about 27 and people are easily amused at my school. I was drilling PLLs in lunch once and a girls head almost started spinning because of my TPS (I can't sub-1 anything and only my fastest are sub-2)

Another thing is by cubes. People were blown away by my 4x4. However, not knowing the OLL Parity alg from memory sucks cause when I don't have my alg sheet on me I just pop the dedge and flip it and people go ballistic calling me a cheater. So when I get my 5x5 I'm not bringing it in until I can do all the parities from memory. (although isn't it possible to avoid parity on odd layered by cubes?)

you only need one partiy alg, you can use the same one as 4x4

Chapuunka

WCA
2010JUDD01
I was using some bag I got at a comp that had a Rubik's 30th Anniversary logo on it during band, and some kid said that owning a bag with a Rubik's cube on it meant I had way too much time on my hands. I don't even understand the logic there.

WCA
2010LECA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Some people dont even like appreciate cubing as like an activity; one girl I know was like "Oh whats the point of learning how to do that, when you can easily peel the stickers off"....
cause solving it is faster than peeling it off.

You guys must be fast, nobody is impressed at all with my 40s times on the bus :(
Or maybe they're used to it.

Agreed. One time at camp, I was solving 4x4, saw I had OLL parity, made an excuse saying I had to get something, went into my tent, popped the edge out of an EASTSHEEN 4x4 and put it back after oanicks of pieces falling out :/

freshcuber

WCA
2011MURR02
Oh man that's rough. I've got a Dayan so it's really easy in and out but an Eastsheen would be awful. I kind of want to get on just to take it apart. I like taking apart cubes other than 3x3s so much and lubing them and making them go from "ugh 4x4 fml" to "my hand just jizzed. This cube is orgasmic"

FatBoyXPC

WCA
2010LACH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm pretty sure you can still avoid parity on a 5x5 if you're careful about it, but it would take more time than just doing the alg. You use the same parity alg that you use on 4x4 OLL Parity.

abctoshiro

There are actually a lot of cubers at our school...
Sadly, half of them don't know that it's possible to do an M move.
Bystander:"Hey, look, he's moving the middle side (lol MIDDLE SIDE?) too fast!"
Another one:"Is that even possible?!"

Woah I think the reason behind this is I use Roux. (Most people here use LBL..so.)

ben1996123

Banned
WCA
2009WHIT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
EPIC FAIL

Feliks, 14, became a celebrity in World Cube Association competition after cleaning up at the New Zealand championships in the past two years.

I lol'd at that.

Since this article is by a news company thing, you would expect them to be able to spell, but no... Watch the video and go to 0:11 or 0:58

Epic :fp

Last edited:

freshcuber

WCA
2011MURR02
EPIC FAIL

I lol'd at that.

Since this article is by a news company thing, you would expect them to be able to spell, but no... Watch the video and go to 0:11 or 0:58

Epic :fp

A definite fail and Usain Bolt isn't really too accurate. Michael Phelps would be a lot better since Feliks is the fastest in the world at multiple events and doesn't really have a weak area. Usain Bolt can run two events, the 100m and 200m and then relays. Feliks has 6 World Records and Phelps has 8. Usain Bolt has only three and they're the equivalent of the 3x3 single, 3x3 Ao5 and I guess 4x4 single. Feliks and Phelps are multiple world record holders, the best in the world at their competition(debatedly but I'd say hands down) and they're very versatile in their abilities. Plus you can't ignore the alliteration in Feliks and Phelps. It just sounds too good

amostay2004

WCA
2009SWEE01
YouTube
Visit Channel

No offense but that IS cheating :p