• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Non-Cubers say the darndest things!

LewisJ

That's not a square though.

* The diagonals of a square bisect each other
* The diagonals of a square bisect its angles.
* The diagonals of a square are perpendicular.
* Opposite sides of a square are both parallel and equal.
* All four angles of a square are equal. (Each is 360/4 = 90 degrees, so every angle of a square is a right angle.)
* The diagonals of a square are equal.

that shape doesn't meet all of those criteria and cannot be classified as a square.

You completely missed the joke. I'm impressed that you can cut/paste from wikipedia though.

WCA
2010LECA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
That's not a square though.

* The diagonals of a square bisect each other
* The diagonals of a square bisect its angles.
* The diagonals of a square are perpendicular.
* Opposite sides of a square are both parallel and equal.
* All four angles of a square are equal. (Each is 360/4 = 90 degrees, so every angle of a square is a right angle.)
* The diagonals of a square are equal.

that shape doesn't meet all of those criteria and cannot be classified as a square.

Sigh. Thanks for killing the joke.

sivl

other people : WOAH!! HOW DID YOU SOLVE THAT?!??!!??
me : use some algorithms...
other people : WOAH!!! u must be a nerd ro remember all that...
me : its not me bring smart to solve this, its just u who dunno how to fully utilize ur brains.. thats all u retard!!!
LOL XD

Toquinha1977

WCA
2008YIMV01
YouTube
Visit Channel
A non-cubing friend and I joke around about it, but occasionally I manage to get pwned. Unfortunately, the nature of human memory reveals its limitations with some of the challenges he puts me through, such as when he had my cube that was a U-Perm away from being solved. He wanted me to tell him what to do, but since it's all based on muscle memory, I tried to tell him that I couldn't do it, but he really didn't care, so I had to "mime" out the algorithm and tell him what to do at the same time. Needless to say, I made a mistake and I ended up looking silly.

BIGCUBE77

A non-cubing friend and I joke around about it, but occasionally I manage to get pwned. Unfortunately, the nature of human memory reveals its limitations with some of the challenges he puts me through, such as when he had my cube that was a U-Perm away from being solved. He wanted me to tell him what to do, but since it's all based on muscle memory, I tried to tell him that I couldn't do it, but he really didn't care, so I had to "mime" out the algorithm and tell him what to do at the same time. Needless to say, I made a mistake and I ended up looking silly.

that happens to me alot. haha

WCA
2009VITA01
I got a list here they are all foolish things to say even if you don't know how to cube.
"I used to just peel the stickers off"
"how do you do that" as if I could explain it in a few minutes.
I give them my cube to mix, while they are mixing it they say "You will never get it now"
After they mix the cube for 3 minutes with their back to me they give it back and while im solving it they say "I didn't mix it up my best" (because they know im going to solve it lol)
Also if i give them one of my loose cubes if it pops, which is ok becuase they are not used to it, someone else has to say "Oh, look! He broke your cube!"

ben1996123

Banned
WCA
2009WHIT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
So, at school today, this random person who I don't know comes up to me and says "Are you the one who can do the gabrubix cube?"

gabrubix? Thats a first...

Then someone else says "What's that squares thing that you do <makes random hand movements>?"
Sort of cubing friend: Rubik's
Other person: "Cubriks?"

:fp

CharlesOBlack

my teacher today was explaining the baroque (?) literature.

she was explaining that there were the triangles of love, and they were never-ending; then she said it was a "circular triangle".

MrTimCube

so, yesterday i was sitting in the livingroom, on the couch, under a blanket. and i was doing my LL BLD (just because i like that). and my mother hates the sound of cube, and she was doing watching tv. and then she said: could you please stop that?
me: what?
she: turning your cube.
me: why?
she: because of the sound, and you don´t even look at it.
then i tried to explain her that i was BLD'ing
and she said: that doesn't make sense, It are always the same moves anyway...
Me::fp

Lorken

WCA
2010KHAN04
YouTube
Visit Channel
so, yesterday i was sitting in the livingroom, on the couch, under a blanket. and i was doing my LL BLD (just because i like that). and my mother hates the sound of cube, and she was doing watching tv. and then she said: could you please stop that?
me: what?
she: turning your cube.
me: why?
she: because of the sound, and you don´t even look at it.
then i tried to explain her that i was BLD'ing
and she said: that doesn't make sense, It are always the same moves anyway...
Me::fp

It's almost always is anyway, especially LL :D

Last edited: