• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Nice little hybrid I found

• Thread starter Deleted member 2864
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2864

Okay... This probably isn't the best hybrid out there and I'm not sure if anybody has already thought of this... but here it goes. All you need is an old type a and storebought.

1: remove two opposite edges on the top and bottom layers.
2. replace those spots with storebought cubies. You should have 4 storebought edges

You should find that the type a is more "crispy." Not quite type d but it has a different feel than a normal type a.

Sadly, I can't do any solves because I don't have any edges around with the right colors to match the cube... also even if I did, my recognition would be terrible because rubik's and type a's have different color shades and I don't have spare stickers lying around... so yeah

D

Deleted member 2864

because when I replaced all of them, it lost it's crispy effect. I tried replacing 6 and it was okay. 7 didn't work

fanwuq

WCA
2008FANW01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Also try just lubing 3 corners on your cube using silicone spray, 2 type C edges using CRC, 2 type B edges using Jigaloo, 2 type F edges using butter, and 2 corners using "I can't believe it's not butter!" Make sure that the 3 corners you used to with silicone spray are type A and the 2 you used "I can't believe it's not butter!" on are type D. Make sure that you used 6 unlubed joy cube edges. If you did not follow the exact formula above, your cube POP POP POP than BAM! If you followed it absolutely perfectly, Frank Morris will come to steal your cube. If you followed it almost perfectly it will become a megaminx.

Samlambert

YouTube
Visit Channel
Also try just lubing 3 corners on your cube using silicone spray, 2 type C edges using CRC, 2 type B edges using Jigaloo, 2 type F edges using butter, and 2 corners using "I can't believe it's not butter!" Make sure that the 3 corners you used to with silicone spray are type A and the 2 you used "I can't believe it's not butter!" on are type D. Make sure that you used 6 unlubed joy cube edges. If you did not follow the exact formula above, your cube POP POP POP than BAM! If you followed it absolutely perfectly, Frank Morris will come to steal your cube. If you followed it almost perfectly it will become a megaminx.

lollotsoflsothshybrid :D

Lotsofsloths

WCA
2007SAHA01
YouTube
Visit Channel

hahaha,
Very amusing xD

Samlambert

YouTube
Visit Channel

hahaha,
Very amusing xD

hehehe, are you still using that 42 cubes hybrid?