• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

New ZZ Tutorial! Short, Detailed, Easy to Understand.

Joseph Hale

WCA
2016HALE02
YouTube
Visit Channel
When I first learned ZZ I was frustrated by the lack of good content available to help people learn it. I am now sub-20 with ZZ (pushing sub15) and wish to offer what I didn't have. Here is my brand new ZZ Method Tutorial. It is a short video (13mins 30 secs) but covers in detail the basics of the ZZ Method with great clarity. I am currently working on a video series on how to get faster at ZZ and will be releasing it in the coming weeks.
I hope you enjoy the video. Comments and feedback are always welcome!

Last edited:

Teoidus

This is a really well-made video, good job!

Only suggestion I'd have is to teach solving corners before edges during 2-look PLL, as that trains people to look for headlights right after OLL, but other than that this tutorial is awesome.

wir3sandfir3s

While asmallkitten has a nice tutorial, it's a 7 or 8 video long series compared to your single and kind of short video... Nice job. :D

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
When I first learned ZZ I was frustrated by the lack of good content available to help people learn it. I am now sub-20 with ZZ (pushing sub15) and wish to offer what I didn't have. Here is my brand new ZZ Method Tutorial. It is a short video (13mins 30 secs) but covers in detail the basics of the ZZ Method with great clarity. I am currently working on a video series on how to get faster at ZZ and will be releasing it in the coming weeks.
I hope you enjoy the video. Comments and feedback are always welcome!
Good initiative

sotolf2

I really enjoyed your videos, short and to the point, and it helped me actually understand ZZ, now it's just about learning to do it right, and get EO-Line + PLL into my head ;)

GenTheSnail

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
This was a very nice tutorial. I'm a bit slower than you at ZZ; I average high 16 right now.
Only suggestion I'd have is to teach solving corners before edges during 2-look PLL, as that trains people to look for headlights right after OLL, but other than that this tutorial is awesome.
-and that you never gave an example during F2L showing a "buckle" as a E-slice edge in this tutorial. I did watch a few example solves and am relived that you show "buckles" as E-slice edges which, I think, is the most important part of F2L. Otherwise its just EOCFOP.

Petro Leum

WCA
2012KALH01
Very nice and quick tutorial for beginners! I still like to recommend asmallkitten's long tutorial, but yours is perfect for the lazy ones with no time :p

PS: Nice rug!

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
I want to learn ZZ but I would prefer working off a written tutorial if possible. Is there such a thing? I know 2-look OLL and full PLL from CFOP, and I basically understand edge orientation with Petrus, but putting together an EOline just doesn't work yet.