• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

New To Speedcubing, need help and tips!

Hey everyone,
I have been using the beginners method for quite a long time now and my times aren't great at all. I usually average at around a minute so it's pretty bad.
I wanted to learn the speedcubing methods to get much faster, but I have no idea what to do.
I tried to look online for help but I keep seeing terms which I don't even know what they mean.
Like PLL, OLL, G, J, Z, and so on. I have no idea what these even mean!
I would really appreciate it if anyone could help me out and how I can get much faster!
Cause I am a noob right now.
So can anyone please give me tips and a walkthrough of what I can do to become faster? Please explain me in simple language so that I can understand...
Any help would be appreciated, Thanks in advance!

What are these things like Z-Perm, J-Perm, G-Perm and so on? These just seem letters to me right now. Could anyone please help in explaining what these terms mean?

Draranor

Premium Member
WCA
2016REIC01
What are these things like Z-Perm, J-Perm, G-Perm and so on? These just seem letters to me right now. Could anyone please help in explaining what these terms mean?
In the thread I linked, it explains stuff like what a "Perm" is; the letter before it just distinguishes each one from each other