• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

New Jersey Competition

MichaelP.

WCA
2009PERK02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey, I can probably go to this if I can find a place to stay. I'm under 18 so I can't stay in a hotel alone, and my family flies in the next day. Anybody have an extra bed?

voytek

WCA
2010POLJ01
Could I and a friend of mine get a ride from Princeton, or even from some NJ Transit station?

Just in case you can't find the ride, here is how you can get there by transit:
From Princeton, you can get to Hoboken by train with the transfer at the Secaucus Junction. Trains to Hoboken depart from the lower level. Once you are in Hoboken go to the Light Rail station which is just south of the train station. Take the line that goes to 22nd Street (make sure to time-stamp your tickets). Get off at the Liberty State Park station. Science Center is on the other side of the NJ Turnpike.

Kian

WCA
2007BARR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Did you get in touch with Elizabeth? Will you be there on Friday?

Yes, Kyle and I will be there.

EDIT: For anyone in the area, Kyle and I will be on NJ 12 news (NYC, Long Island and NJ) to publicize the tournament on Friday morning live at 6:45am and 7:45am. If you're interested and awake you might want to check it out.

StachuK1992

statue
WCA
2008KORI02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'll see you there (I'm Andy), what should I bring? I can put together a bag of cubes of different types, and how long do you think it will be?
Hello,
Bring cubes that you plan to compete with or want to trade, a few bucks for food and registration, a llama, clothing, and the best attitude you can.
(the llama is needed.)
You shouldn't need more than that!

Please look at the schedule for predictions on how long the even will take; since there are quite a few people signed up, the schedule may or not fluctuate from the one you see there.
-statue

Kian

WCA
2007BARR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Thanks, but I was talking about Friday morning. I will be at the interview with Kian. Should be a fun competition, hope I do well.

I will have many cubes, but feel free to bring whatever you'd like to conceivably solve. Also bring a bunch of 3x3s if you have many because we are supposed to help some kids learn to cube.

As for time, I don't imagine we'll go much past 8. The live shot at 745am will probably be the end.