• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Nemesizer

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Cool website! I didn't know I had so few European nemeses (and worldwide nemeses - my last comp got rid of more than I expected!)

Quick question: does this auto-update? The last nemesis-finding website didn't update automatically, so it got outdated quite quickly.

E: also, I think this should be an email address

E2: The "Find who I nemesize" section ends up being full of lots of people with one 3x3 average. Would it be possible to make it find people who are *close* to you? Or something to make it a little more interesting :)

bubbagrub

WCA
2013COPP01
Cool website!

Thank you! :)

I didn't know I had so few European nemeses (and worldwide nemeses - my last comp got rid of more than I expected!)

Quick question: does this auto-update? The last nemesis-finding website didn't update automatically, so it got outdated quite quickly.

It doesn't yet, but it will do, soon...
E: also, I think this should be an email address

Ah yes -- that's deliberate. It's meant to avoid spambots harvesting the address. Maybe I should just not worry about it, though...

E2: The "Find who I nemesize" section ends up being full of lots of people with one 3x3 average. Would it be possible to make it find people who are *close* to you? Or something to make it a little more interesting :)
Yup. That's on the roadmap. An option for now is to sort the results by, for example, how many people they nemesize. E.g., :

http://www.nemesizer.com/index.php?...pe=world&order=inverse_nemeses&direction=down

So it's effectively showing you the best people you nemesize...

Reactions: TDM

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel

bubbagrub

WCA
2013COPP01
Ooh, that's good!

... sorry if I'm being blind but where's the button for that? Or do I have to change the URL?

It's just a sorting -- so you should see a drop-down list for sort orders, and in that you select "Number of people nemesized".

Reactions: TDM
WCA
2015MANS03
YouTube
Visit Channel
What's a nemesis? Why is Feliks my only nemesis?

edit: i found the about page: "A nemesis is someone who has a better official result than you in every event you have officially participated in (both average and single)."
edit 2: haha somehow my blind single and my 2x2 average keep me safe from the other people

DGCubes

WCA
2013GOOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Very very nice website! I really like it! :)

Cool tool. I can't believe I only have 9 nemeses world wide. Maybe that's a bug? :)

Well, looking at your profile, you're already 77th in the world for Multiblind, meaning only 76 people are possible nemeses based on just one event. It's unlikely that many of these people have competed at all in the other 11 events you've competed in, and if they have, it seems quite unlikely that they'd be better than you are at all of them (especially 4BLD and 5BLD).

mark49152

Premium Member
WCA
2015RIVE05
YouTube
Visit Channel
Well, looking at your profile, you're already 77th in the world for Multiblind, meaning only 76 people are possible nemeses based on just one event. It's unlikely that many of these people have competed at all in the other 11 events you've competed in, and if they have, it seems quite unlikely that they'd be better than you are at all of them (especially 4BLD and 5BLD).
Yeah I guess it's the combination of events. Maybe it's because I took up clock :)

guysensei1

WCA
2014WENW01
This should probably go in the odd stats thread but since we're talking about nemeses, how many people have completed all wca events (single and averages) but still have a nemesis? Eg 2015QUAN03 has 2 nemeses despite completing all events

EDIT: wait why does the program say that Kevin Gerhardt nemesises Ng Jia Quan when kevin's feet mean is 1:30 and jia quan's feet mean is sub-40?

Last edited:

bubbagrub

WCA
2013COPP01
I sorted people I nemesize by number of people nemesized and the first result was Magomed Bashtaev, 2016BASH02, who has competed in feet and I haven't, so I can't possibly nemesize him. Nice tool though otherwise.
Ah! This is just a database update issue. At the time I got the WCA database export (4th September), Magomed's feet result (from 1st-2nd September) had not been included.

My plan is to have auto-update of the data once a week, ish, which I should get working in the next week or so, but for now the data is slightly out of date (10 days, right now).

EDIT: wait why does the program say that Kevin Gerhardt nemesises Ng Jia Quan when kevin's feet mean is 1:30 and jia quan's feet mean is sub-40?

Hmm... I can't reproduce this -- it looks to me as though the system thinks Ng Jia Quan's nemeses are Antoine and Henri:

http://www.nemesizer.com/index.php?person=2015QUAN03&region_type=world&mode=standard

And here's its view on the comparison between Ng and Kevin:

http://www.nemesizer.com/stats.php?...e=world&person1=2013GERH01&person2=2015QUAN03

Last edited by a moderator:

guysensei1

WCA
2014WENW01