• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Need help choosing a method

Kirjava

Colourful
WCA
2006BARL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi,

I use Roux for 3x3x3, and I got a 4x4x4 recently. I tried using the edge pairing method but M slices arn't good. Is there another method I could use?

soccerking813

Oh, sorry.

No, roux is not a very good method at all on big cubes. I do not know of alot of methods for 4x4, but you could look at K4, which I believe might be a little similar to Roux, but using individual layers, and not 2 at a time. Or look at centers last.

StachuK1992

statue
WCA
2008KORI02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Oh, sorry.

No, roux is not a very good method at all on big cubes. I do not know of alot of methods for 4x4, but you could look at K4, which I believe might be a little similar to Roux, but using individual layers, and not 2 at a time. Or look at centers last.
Yes. both the K4 and the Stadler methods are good for people that use Roux.
Dan Cohen has gotten some really nice times with K4, and he really seems to enjoy it.
For me, I just use Petrus for bigcubes. It works.

K4 requires the knowledge of about 40 LL algs for moving the edges around. I like it, but good times(sub-55) would take some work.