• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

My Shengshou 6x6 doesn't turn

imvelox

WCA
2013FURL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I reassemble it but nothing is changed :(

Yesterady i tried to change a spring to DaYan LunHui's but then i re-insert the SS spring

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

imvelox

WCA
2013FURL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I follow CrazyBadCuber's tutorial.
This is the second time that i assembled this cube.
This lock up doesn't appear when i finish to assemble the cube, but before and after..

LNZ

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
See Crazy Bad Cuber's video "Cube vs Cube" for how XB27 created his unique "pin mod". It is compared to memyselfandpi's "pin mod" and both are very different.

LNZ

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
There's a bit where XB27 explains how different his pin mod using a transparent 4x4 is and why the X-Cube 4 is not a KO.

The Shengshou 4x4, 6x6, 8x8 and 10x10 all use the XB27 pin mod, and unlike the V-Cube 4, they do with permission.

D

Deleted member 19792

Check if the pins are aligned, and then check if all the pieces are together. One of the internal pieces on my 6x6 slid out and caused lockups :(

Genesis

Check from X,Y and Z axis, all 4 pins in the axis should either point to only the right or the left side.
Or
At the side where there's 3 pins pointing to the same direction, the 3 at the other side would point away from each other.

Here is an image:
446core.jpg

This is of a slightly different puzzle, but still the same deal applies.

The basic thing is that the protrusions on the center pieces need to be aligned so that along any great circle they're all on the same side. After putting those three pieces in you can easily deduct the orientation of the remaining center pieces.

Reactions: mjm