• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

My quest to learn WV (Week 1)

PapaSmurf

WCA
2016TUDO02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Not to discourage you, but most WV cases aren't worth it as it's faster to insert and do OCLL (OLL with EO solved). This is because for your last slot you're either doing solve pair->OCLL->PLL or pair up pair->WV->PLL. They're the same number of looks, and often the best WV is to just insert then do the OCLL. What is worth being able to do though is predicting the OCLL while you insert the pair.

The worthwhile WVs are these:
R U' R' (insert)
R U R' U' R U' R' (sexy insert)
R U R' U' R U R' U' R U' R' (double sexy insert)
L' U R U' R' L (L' insert)
R U2 R'
R U' R' U R U2 R' (inverse sexy U R U2 R')
R U' R' U R U' R' U R U2 R' (double inverse sexy U R U2 R')

There's also the WVCP for the 0 corners orientated case which are worth it. I have videos on both of these here.

Hope this helps!

Not to discourage you, but most WV cases aren't worth it as it's faster to insert and do OCLL (OLL with EO solved). This is because for your last slot you're either doing solve pair->OCLL->PLL or pair up pair->WV->PLL. They're the same number of looks, and often the best WV is to just insert then do the OCLL. What is worth being able to do though is predicting the OCLL while you insert the pair.

The worthwhile WVs are these:
R U' R' (insert)
R U R' U' R U' R' (sexy insert)
R U R' U' R U R' U' R U' R' (double sexy insert)
L' U R U' R' L (L' insert)
R U2 R'
R U' R' U R U2 R' (inverse sexy U R U2 R')
R U' R' U R U' R' U R U2 R' (double inverse sexy U R U2 R')

There's also the WVCP for the 0 corners orientated case which are worth it. I have videos on both of these here.

Hope this helps!
ye im learning those frm cubeskills
im planning to learn COLL aft WV and BLE and some ez CLS algs recc by feliks and ez VLS recc by feliks and mats and some cases of ZBLL

and some of the cases r inserts to oll or sune variant so i can do COLL on the inserts to oll but thanks :)