• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Unofficial] My new PB: 7.63s Rubik's Cube solving (!)

JyH

WCA
2011HORI01
-The fact that he got a 7 with OLL skip into U perm makes me guess that at the slowest, he averages 15ish
-Noobs always use cubetimer and ~15 average is not really that noobish
-Fake-looking reaction

EDIT: Just noticed that his PB is 16. That means he averages around maybe 30ish at the slowest. This eliminates the cubetimer fact, but even if he was averaging 20 and his PB single was 16, it's just complete BS that he got a 7.

Last edited:

5BLD

WCA
2011LAUA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Your presentation of the video makes it sound fake too. It felt suspicious when you put 'rubik's cube solving', and the title just makes it seem fake. And AMAZING in the title also made me feel suspicious. In addition to all the reasons above.

Edit: you didn't hesitate after OLL skip, as if you were expecting it. And you've only uploaded one video, what's up with that?
Edit: thackernerd said it first before i submitted the edit so don't tell him off for repeating what I said.

Last edited:

5BLD

WCA
2011LAUA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
U D2 F2 D B L U R B R B U' B' D' U L' F2 B L' D L R2 B2 L U' D
white top red front.
is the scramble I think. i don't have cube explorer so I did it by sight. omg so many pairs.

Last edited:

Bilbo

WCA
2012JOST01
Is it just me, or is the actual CubeTimer.com scramble blurred out?
I like the beginner how to solve the Rubik's Cube tutorial you made at http://www.rubiksplace.com/ from this forum post, but why would you put a fake solve video on that site?

Last edited:

buelercuber

WCA
2009BUEL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Obvious reasons why this is fake:

1. Finger tricks aren't very developed from what i can see...
2. Only video on your channel
3. you're advertising for your website on your video...
4. no reaction?? odd..
5. "Noobs always use cubetimer" ( I remember using it...)
6. F2L pairs ready for insertion.... and then OLL skip with a U perm....
7. you picked up the cube from the laptop like it was from start, or being prepared.
8. no times on the cubetimer set....first try?? nice try is more like it...
9. ridiculously fast look ahead and seamless pair insertions ...
10. Scramble is blurred out....
11. "AMAZING" no......

it'd be cool if it was real, but at least try to make it look real next time...if you want to promote your site, just promote it, don't make fake videos....