• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

My house almost went on fire

CiaranBeahan

WCA
2012BEAH01
It happened about an hour ago, I was sitting in the kitchen cubing like I normally do. Suddenly I hear a crack, about 5 seconds later a huge roar. I immediately ran into the sitting room and saw that smoke was coming into the room and the flames looked hotter than I ever thought it could be. My Dad shouted at me to get out and I followed my brother and sister out to the front where I saw a LOT of smoke coming out the chimney. My mam called the fire brigade and our neighbours came in to help. My dog was put in the boot of the car and we moved the car from the garden. I went into my neighbours house while the fire was being sorted. I thought that the house was going to go up in flames and all my possessions, including my cubes would be gone forever. I filmed the hole thing with my gopro because it was my first go to possession when I thought the house was going to go up in flames, I've already deleted the video but when I watched it, it was pretty fascinating watching it from a perspective knowing I wasn't in danger. A bit of the hair on top of my dog's forehead burned off from sparks coming from the fire and the whole house is still in shock from the fire.

Has anything like this ever happened to you?
If you only had one possession from your house you could choose to take out of a fire what would it be?

Rocky0701

WCA
2014MCEV01
YouTube
Visit Channel
It happened about an hour ago, I was sitting in the kitchen cubing like I normally do. Suddenly I hear a crack, about 5 seconds later a huge roar. I immediately ran into the sitting room and saw that smoke was coming into the room and the flames looked hotter than I ever thought it could be. My Dad shouted at me to get out and I followed my brother and sister out to the front where I saw a LOT of smoke coming out the chimney. My mam called the fire brigade and our neighbours came in to help. My dog was put in the boot of the car and we moved the car from the garden. I went into my neighbours house while the fire was being sorted. I thought that the house was going to go up in flames and all my possessions, including my cubes would be gone forever. I filmed the hole thing with my gopro because it was my first go to possession when I thought the house was going to go up in flames, I've already deleted the video but when I watched it, it was pretty fascinating watching it from a perspective knowing I wasn't in danger. A bit of the hair on top of my dog's forehead burned off from sparks coming from the fire and the whole house is still in shock from the fire.

Has anything like this ever happened to you?
If you only had one possession from your house you could choose to take out of a fire what would it be?
Dang man, that's awful. I'm glad that you and your family are ok though. I haven't had a house fire happen to me, but I've had one affect me. One of my best friends from school who I've known since third grade and done all sorts of things with, we've gone to Chicago together, road tripped to Ohio, and were in cubscouts and two years of boyscouts had a housefire. My parents are friends with his grandparents as well. It's a family of seven, the two grandparents and their daughter, their two grandkids (my friend, and then his older sister), and then two more teenage girls that the grandparents adopted. Remember December 21st 2012? The day that the Mayans predicted the world to end, and nobody really believed it (at least I didn't). I was off school for the holidays and I wake up at 5:30 in the morning to the doorbell ringing, and my Dad and I are like what the heck. We go downstairs and my Dad asks who it is. The grandma says it's her and we recognized her voice righg away. He opened the door and we see all of them standing on our porch in pajamas and wrapped up in blankets since it was December and cold out. In like the most casual voice she says "Our house caught on fire, can we come in?". Remember, this was the day that the world was supposed to end so for like ten minutes I was like freaking out thinking that it was true. Anyway, long story short they stayed with us for about two weeks which was pretty crowded having all seven of them and then my family of three in our three bedroom house. It was actually really fun though because it was kind of like a super long sleepover with my friend. Their house was fine, it was only an electrical fire that messed the roof up a little bit because it's an old house with old wiring. They just couldn't stay in it until they got it fixed because they couldn't turn the power on with messed up wiring and no heating when it was cold out, and there was smoke damage.

If I could only take one thing with me it would be my grandpa's old trumlet that I inherited from him when he died.

CiaranBeahan

WCA
2012BEAH01
Dang man, that's awful. I'm glad that you and your family are ok though. I haven't had a house fire happen to me, but I've had one affect me. One of my best friends from school who I've known since third grade and done all sorts of things with, we've gone to Chicago together, road tripped to Ohio, and were in cubscouts and two years of boyscouts had a housefire. My parents are friends with his grandparents as well. It's a family of seven, the two grandparents and their daughter, their two grandkids (my friend, and then his older sister), and then two more teenage girls that the grandparents adopted. Remember December 21st 2012? The day that the Mayans predicted the world to end, and nobody really believed it (at least I didn't). I was off school for the holidays and I wake up at 5:30 in the morning to the doorbell ringing, and my Dad and I are like what the heck. We go downstairs and my Dad asks who it is. The grandma says it's her and we recognized her voice righg away. He opened the door and we see all of them standing on our porch in pajamas and wrapped up in blankets since it was December and cold out. In like the most casual voice she says "Our house caught on fire, can we come in?". Remember, this was the day that the world was supposed to end so for like ten minutes I was like freaking out thinking that it was true. Anyway, long story short they stayed with us for about two weeks which was pretty crowded having all seven of them and then my family of three in our three bedroom house. It was actually really fun though because it was kind of like a super long sleepover with my friend. Their house was fine, it was only an electrical fire that messed the roof up a little bit because it's an old house with old wiring. They just couldn't stay in it until they got it fixed because they couldn't turn the power on with messed up wiring and no heating when it was cold out, and there was smoke damage.

If I could only take one thing with me it would be my grandpa's old trumlet that I inherited from him when he died.

That sucks as well. I think it was just unlucky that it was on the 21st of December. Hopefully you had a great Christmas with them!

@NewCuber000 Don't worry man the cubes are fine! The possession I would take out of my house would be my main 3x3. But I had so little time to react I just grabbed my gopro because it was the first thing I saw and it is expensive

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I haven't been through a fire (although living in Australia nowadays, I'm much more familiar with yearly bushfires). I have, however, been through earthquakes. Fortunately there wasn't much damage to my house and my stuff.

pdilla

OMG. I read your story up until I saw "boot of the car." Then I switched over to see where you were from.

Re-read it with Brogue in my head.

Loved it.

Also, I would take my guitar in case of a fire.