• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

My fingers are falling off

YouTube
Visit Channel
I'd recommend getting a cube that turns really really effortlessly. Since roux uses M moves, which require more force from your hands, it would be optimal to get a speedcube that can have those slice moves done quite easily. Trust me, I've tried doing an H-perm on my Rubik's brand; it was really hard.

BenChristman1

WCA
2019CHRI11
SS Competition Results
Why just among $10 cubes? It is a favorite in any price range.
Don't you main the WRM 2020? If so, obviously it's not a you-have-to-get-this-no-matter-what cube. There are so many options for 3x3 that it really doesn't matter. You just have to think about what qualities you enjoy in a cube, and not everybody will like the feeling of the RS3M 2020.

Owen Morrison

WCA
2017MORR06
YouTube
Visit Channel
Don't you main the WRM 2020? If so, obviously it's not a you-have-to-get-this-no-matter-what cube. There are so many options for 3x3 that it really doesn't matter. You just have to think about what qualities you enjoy in a cube, and not everybody will like the feeling of the RS3M 2020.
No I main the RS3M2020. I was just saying it is still a favorite among cubers who have more expensive cubes.

JTcuberanger

I love the soft feels of the yj yulong v2 magnetic (I'm probably one of the oldest cubers here, and have some experience with aging joints) . But I recently got the Meilong M as well as the RS3 M and love them both.
All three are lightly lubed with Martian from speedcubeshop. That stuff is magic.

I got the Qiyi MS as well-- very fast, and heck of a lot better than dollar store cubes, but the blockiness might be a bit harsh. I also do found the Moyu MF series fast, but heavy turning for my fingers.

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
The reason your hands are hurting is because of all the solves on the Rubik's brand, because they do take effort to turn. This is magnified because you use Roux, which on a bad cube would likely increase the pain due to all the M slices. I'd recommend getting a speedcube; you can get a budget one for extremely cheap that's still high quality

Absolutely in agreement woth everyone here. Believe me when I say that you've developed fingers of steel with all that time spent on Rubik's brand, so when you switch to a speedcube you'll literally feel superhuman.

The crazy thing is that some speedcubes are even cheaper than Rubik's brands cause of the price gouging at regular retail stores - you've got a lot of options. Personally I use the DaYan Lingyun v2.

SnowyDay

I hate to blame the equipment. But good cubes that are well prepared can reduce fatigue IME.

RS3M is so cheap that this is not really a question of spending more money.