• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Member Intro] My Cubing Introduction

suteytooty

Hello! My name is Chris and I've been cubing since December. My 3x3 average is 31 seconds with a PB of 23 seconds. My goal starting out for the year was a sub 30 average so very close. Desperate to get that down! I also enjoy 2x2, 5x5 and pyraminx (waiting on a 4x4 cube). Potentially thinking about entering a competition later in the year for the experience even though I still have quite a high average. Really enjoying the hobby and looking forward to learning more. Thanks!

PEN.gu1nCXI

Hey Chris, I have been cubing since November 2017. I always used the Layer by Layer method, until I switched to CFOP three months ago. My 3x3x3 Average is 31 seconds with a 22 second PB. I also enjoy cubing and I look forward to improving my times and potentially entering a competition. BTW I started with 4LLL (2LOLL and 2LPLL) and I am slowly expanding my knowledge of the last layer algorithm sets. Currently, I know 15/57 OLL cases and 10/21 PLL cases. Just thought it was interesting that we had the same 3x3x3 average.

suteytooty

Hi - that is interesting. Almost same PB too. I'm still on 4LLL but I know about 10 of each on OLL and PLL. My biggest impact is still F2L though. When I have smooth transitions I have better solves and when I have to pause my times are obviously worse. Trying to get better at cross and first pair prediction.

PEN.gu1nCXI

My case is quite similar. All of my transitions need some improvement. However, my F2L is quite fast (at 12 seconds), it is usually my last layer lock-ups that gives me slower times. I find that doing untimed cross F2L only solves, trying to solve for move optimal F2L solutions, solving into the back, and reducing whole cube rotations worked best in helping my F2L get faster.