• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Member Intro] My Introduction to the Cubing Community

WhackingBox27

Hi! I’m a cuber from England. I learnt to solve the cube around the start of the year, with an old Rubik’s brand cube. I then got a QiYi MS budget cube, and have enjoyed the process of learning!
My ultimate goal was to get to sub-30 (3x3) but when I realised how doable it was, I kept going. My average has been everywhere these past few days, but I can comfortably get an average of 15-17 (working on sub 15, my best being 9.43). Joining this website is my first interaction of the cubing community (aside from watching YouTube videos, of course). I have currently got two more OLL cases left (the awkward shapes without bars), and it has been tough learning them. As a result, my times haven’t started to improve just yet, but that must be a matter of recognition and execution (time for some grinding ;)). I hope to try out some new puzzles in the future, and maybe even take part in future competitions!
Thanks!
WhackingBox27 (being a somewhat uncreative person, I used the AI generated name from my Xbox live account :D)

Last edited:

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi! I’m a cuber from England. I learnt to solve the cube around the start of the year, with an old Rubik’s brand cube. I then got a QiYi MS budget cube, and have enjoyed the process of learning!
My ultimate goal was to get to sub-30 (3x3) but when I realised how doable it was, I kept going. My average has been everywhere these past few days, but I can comfortably get an average of 15-17 (working on sub 15, my best being 9.43). Joining this website is my first interaction of the cubing community (aside from watching YouTube videos, of course). I have currently got two more OLL cases left (the awkward shapes without bars), and it has been tough learning them. As a result, my times haven’t started to improve just yet, but that must be a matter of recognition and execution (time for some grinding ;)). I hope to try out some new puzzles in the future, and maybe even take part in future competitions!
Thanks!
WhackingBox27 (being a somewhat uncreative person, I used the AI generated name from my Xbox live account :D)
Welcome!

Future

welcome
by the sound of it you've been making fast progress so congratulations on that

LBr

Thanks!
Very impressive improvement

Waffles

I have currently got two more OLL cases left (the awkward shapes without bars), and it has been tough learning them. As a result, my times haven’t started to improve just yet, but that must be a matter of recognition and execution (time for some grinding ;)).

What algs are you trying to learn for those two? Learning them should be easy, they’re just (sune) (fruruf). Yes, those algs are bad but you can learn better ones later.
Also I would suggest recognising from the L shape on it, check which direction it’s facing.

WhackingBox27

What algs are you trying to learn for those two? Learning them should be easy, they’re just (sune) (fruruf). Yes, those algs are bad but you can learn better ones later.
Also I would suggest recognising from the L shape on it, check which direction it’s facing.
I meant that it has been tough learning the whole alg set. Sorry for being unclear! (btw I’ve now finished learning OLL!)