• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

My Complete Guide For OLL (Free To Download)

F1Z2L3

YouTube
Visit Channel
Ok I found two mistakes and changed a few things from the previous version. This is my final version and I won't be updating it unless there are errors (99% sure there aren't) or if I discover a much more efficient solution to a case.

F1Z2L3

YouTube
Visit Channel
I've already made a PLL page. Just select the "Sheet2" tab at the bottom of the screen. It will take you to the PLL page.

Qulunt

thx for that guide, its really nice, but I think there is a mistake with OLL nr. 41 "the split".

it says To Create From Solved State use R U' R' F' R U R' U' F U x y and this is wrong I guess, because the F2L is destroyed. Maybe someone can tell me the right algorithm, because I have some problem to learn that case without an algorithm, that restores that case

Thx in advance!

Ragards,
Qulunt

F1Z2L3

YouTube
Visit Channel
The set up for "Split" is correct.
It is R U' R' F' R U R' U' F U
Then make your F face your U face = x
Then make your R face your F face. = y
Another set up you could use is:
F U R U' R2 F' R U R U' R'
If you use this setup and the optimal solution I provide you'll have to solve the cube with the T permutation.

Qulunt

you're right, it was my mistake, the setup is correct! I guess sometimes I just make the wrong turns ;-)
But now I have the problem that the algorithm I want to use for this case doesn't work.
I use (R'U'R) y'x' (RU'R') F (RUR')
I guess the algorithm is right, but again I guess I make the wrong turns...
y'x' means to make the front face my right face and then the up face my front face or am I wrong!?

edit: okay, i got it, i guess I just had the wrong starting position ;-)

Last edited:

F1Z2L3

YouTube
Visit Channel
Yeah the algorithm is correct and its one of the fastest LL algorithms you can execute.
the y' and x' are supposed to be done simultaneously. There is another cube rotation which
may be more efficient. Instead of (y' x') try (x' z')
To execute it you would make your U face your F face = x
then make your R face your U face = z'
Its exactly the same move as (y' x') when done simultaneously but for me its more comfortable to learn
So the algorithm is: R' U' R (x' z' OR y' x') R U' R' F R U R'
Hope that helps

Rpotts

WCA
2010POTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
why not just use R U R' U' R' F R2 U R' U' F' - avoids rotations and is super fast. I use the inverse of your alg (with r turns)

try the alg executed like R' U' R y r U' r' U r U r'

Qulunt

thx for your help!
what I find is the best way for me to solve the 57 oll cases is to use mirrors. There are 17 possible mirror cases, which means you learn 17 cases and are able to solve 34. another good thing about learning these cases that way is, that you train your left hand as much as you train your right hand. I just don't like the idea of only using the right hand, because for F2L you also need both hands, otherwise you have too many cube rotations or too many d and d' turns.

so for this "split" case, how it is called here, i just like to use the already mentioned (R' U' R) y'x' (R U') (R' F) (R U R'), because is has got some really nice triggers and for the (in this guide called) "split flip", which is just the mirror case, if you turn it the right way, you just have to execute the mirror algorithm
(LUL') yx' (L'U) (L F') (L'U'L) with your left hand. This algorithm is not mentioned in this guide, but as I said before, I just like the idea of learning mirrors.

Regards,
Qulunt

zen3

I would like to see a printer friendly version on this EXCELLENT xls, because now one page doesn't fit well all the cases.

Thom S.

It would have been better for pll cases if you had showed the first layer cases with colours along with arrows. Otherwise it is perfect. See this...

You replied to someone eho hasn't logged in in six years, he isn't gonna see this