• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Moyu Weilong WRM is so loose

travis_cooper

WCA
2018COOP06
I just got the wrm and it is so loose. I've tightened the screws a little bit, but don't want to do it too much because it will affect corner cutting.

The obvious answer seems to be to use the compression system, but I can't even tell much of a difference from the lowest setting to the highest setting. I'd guess that as you adjust up, it is tightening the compression, but even at the highest setting, a simple trigger goes almost 180 degrees. Trying to do a solve I feel like the cube is all over the place, I can't control it at all.

Has anybody else experienced this? What settings are you using on this cube? How can I get it more controllable?

emps

From what I can tell, you have an issue controlling the cube, not that it is too loose.

Does it feel too wobbly and flexy when turning? Or is it just too quick?

I haven't really experienced this. (Don't have a WR M but I have a gts3m)

I use the highest compression setting and have slightly tighter than normal tensions.

You can get it more controllable by putting literally any sort of lube in it. It works for most uncontrollable ootb cubes. Worked for both my gts3m and rs3m despite the lubes being galaxy/martian which speed the cube up.

travis_cooper

WCA
2018COOP06
I also have the gts 3m and didn't have any problems with it. I did finally look at the replacement springs. I thought they were just the same, but it turns out they are quite a bit longer. I replaced them all and the cube feels a lot more like the gts 3m now.

With the other springs it was very unstable and was always over rotating. I think that is partially due to the fact that the magnets aren't as strong. But with the other springs it is much better now.

mitja

WCA
2016POPO02
Use some plastic washers and add them to the springs. The springs will get stronger and the cube will become much better. i use this adjustment regullary in my cubes and it helps.

sumtingwong

I use a wr m for bld solving, so loose tensions, spring compression on 1. The reason I have the cube this fast is to have the cube be effortless to turn during slice moves.

I would recommend setting the spring compression to 6 or a higher number. To make sure everything is even turn the gear to where it goes all the way down (now it's at setting 1). Then turn every side the number you want -1.