• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Moyu GuoGuan Yuexiao?

Mosha

Dont get Meiyu, it is not that good. Instead get the Guansu, its better and might be better than Aosu. And definitely get the Bochuang, its awesome cube :D Don't know what the yuxin lovers will say. Very stable and also definitely get the YueXiao. Instant main, and the feel is soo good, smooth and buttery. Not all that crunchy or clicky and algs flow really well and there are no lockups(might be little lockups but I don't lock up too often).
They released some nice cubes :D

NAM3RGb.jpg

CubeFrance

Clement Cherblanc says it's the best cube in the World after the lingpo with his special lubing.

TheChaiCuber

WCA
2016CHAI03
This is without a doubt the best cube on the market. I just got it last night, it carried the classic moyu scratchy feel out of the box and it still amazed me! Corner cutting is beyond even the gans. It has no lockups/catches, it's speed is in par or even slightly faster than the meiying while retaining the smoothness of a Tanglong. The smoothness and speed is so ridiculous that flicking the U layer can make it spin over 270 degrees. Performance wise this is clearly the best cube on the market. The only reason this cube wouldn't be somebody's main is because of the feel or they can't lubricate it to the speed of their liking. Incredible

Coolio

TheChaiCuber

WCA
2016CHAI03
This is without a doubt the best cube on the market. I just got it last night, it carried the classic moyu scratchy feel out of the box and it still amazed me! Corner cutting is beyond even the gans. It has no lockups/catches, it's speed is in par or even slightly faster than the meiying while retaining the smoothness of a Tanglong. The smoothness and speed is so ridiculous that flicking the U layer can make it spin over 270 degrees. Performance wise this is clearly the best cube on the market. The only reason this cube wouldn't be somebody's main is because of the feel or they can't lubricate it to the speed of their liking. Incredible

Coolio

Did I mention that during corner cuts it retains that same snappy feel of the Aolong V2? Corner cutting is too easy on this cube. If you're an inaccurate turner, I don't recommend getting this cube as you will not improve your turning with it xD.

Coolio

jessezhao

Anyone have a problem with slight catches with the YueXiao? The corners sometimes catches on the center pieces if you try to cut it through. You can replicate this by doing an R' 30 degrees, so that the bottom line of the UFR corner is in the middle of the front center piece. If you slowly turn through it, it catches and twists the center, kind of like the old Gans 356. It's not a deal breaker, but it's certainly annoying for me, and the only aspect about it that's worse than a Meiying. Anyone find a solution for this?

guysensei1

WCA
2014WENW01
Anyone have a problem with slight catches with the YueXiao? The corners sometimes catches on the center pieces if you try to cut it through. You can replicate this by doing an R' 30 degrees, so that the bottom line of the UFR corner is in the middle of the front center piece. If you slowly turn through it, it catches and twists the center, kind of like the old Gans 356. It's not a deal breaker, but it's certainly annoying for me, and the only aspect about it that's worse than a Meiying. Anyone find a solution for this?
Seems like an inherent problem with the square corner design

Aysha

WCA
2017JAMS01

I have the same issue on the YueXiao even though I never did on the MeiYing!

I thought it was just me. After finding the prefect tesnsions it mostly went taway, but now the cube is pretty loose and i had 1 pop and it feels sort of loose. I hope we find a solution to the lock

YouTube
Visit Channel
I thought it was just me. After finding the prefect tesnsions it mostly went taway, but now the cube is pretty loose and i had 1 pop and it feels sort of loose. I hope we find a solution to the lock
I don't really know but I am not catching and my center is definitely not twisting. How are your tensions? My tensions are moderate tight and I have made a setup video if you want to watch my tensions. Mine is stable and nice and not catching.

TheChaiCuber

WCA
2016CHAI03

I find that as long as I'm not being too reckless with my turning, I don't catch.

Try lubing your cube with 1-2 drops of cubicle weight 5 or traxxas 50k. It'll slow down the cube without it feeling gummy. It's helped me a lot because before I used to overshoot the cube a lot. This causes catching and lock-ups to be a much larger factor because you rely more on corner-cutting after overshooting. Also, I think this cube needs to be used with a light turning style (because of the same reason I just said).

dskids

WCA
2017SKID01
I finally received mine from cubezz last night. I was expecting a pretty good cube based on the reviews, but didn't think it would overtake my TangLong as my main. The feel was a little lighter and more "hollow" than I was originally expecting, but it has really grown on me. Out of the box speed and tensions were pretty much perfect for my skill level so not going to mess with it at all for now. Just can't decide which I like morel - this or the TangLong.

TheChaiCuber

WCA
2016CHAI03
I finally received mine from cubezz last night. I was expecting a pretty good cube based on the reviews, but didn't think it would overtake my TangLong as my main. The feel was a little lighter and more "hollow" than I was originally expecting, but it has really grown on me. Out of the box speed and tensions were pretty much perfect for my skill level so not going to mess with it at all for now. Just can't decide which I like morel - this or the TangLong.

The hollow-ness probably comes from the hollow corner stock like the MeiYing. My previous main was the TangLong. Even though u like the out of box speed, I still recommend slowing it down with 50k or weight 5 since u were ok with the speed of the TangLong. Glad you enjoy the cube!

Coolio

dskids

WCA
2017SKID01
The hollow-ness probably comes from the hollow corner stock like the MeiYing. My previous main was the TangLong. Even though u like the out of box speed, I still recommend slowing it down with 50k or weight 5 since u were ok with the speed of the TangLong. Glad you enjoy the cube!

Coolio

Good suggestion. The speed does push the limits of my skill level as-is, but its not scary fast like my Yuxin with spring mod. Once it breaks in more I will probably slow it down just a tad with weight 5.

Tiwaz

How big is this cube? Cubezz says 55, thecubicle 56...
I want to start OH solving, is this a good OH cube?