• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Minnesota Open 2012

Bryan

Premium Member
WCA
2007LOGA01
Schedule is up. http://www.cubingusa.com/minnesota/schedule.php OH interest in the area has really dropped, so the 2nd round is very small. Hopefully even with the three rounds of 3x3 and 2x2 we can try to get other stuff in.

A few other small changes: We'll be having pizza for lunch instead of subs, so I don't know where we'll go after the competition. I don't think people want to go to Cici's Pizza after pizza for lunch. Suggestions are welcomed.

Please have exact change for registration ($5 for first event, $2 for each additional).

And tonight it's making scorecards and certificates.

Mikel

Premium Member
WCA
2011MIKE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Schedule is up. http://www.cubingusa.com/minnesota/schedule.php OH interest in the area has really dropped, so the 2nd round is very small. Hopefully even with the three rounds of 3x3 and 2x2 we can try to get other stuff in.

A few other small changes: We'll be having pizza for lunch instead of subs, so I don't know where we'll go after the competition. I don't think people want to go to Cici's Pizza after pizza for lunch. Suggestions are welcomed.

Please have exact change for registration ($5 for first event, $2 for each additional).

I am a pizza-holic so I could basically eat it for every meal. I would be fine eating pizza for lunch and Cici's for dinner, however I still don't know If I will be able to make the after party.

Cheese11

WCA
2011KULC01
YouTube
Visit Channel

We're down for CiCi's.

Rubiks560

Nub
WCA
2009OLSO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
DYK....

..Totes NAR NAR!
...John beat me in 3x3 and we were both mad?
...That .04 really does matter?
...Bryan didn't make fun of me the whole day?
...You guys are better than that?
...Johns like a child when it comes to eating food?
...Powdered suger flies across wind?
...Call Me Maybe?
...THAT'S CRAY?
...Did you know Julia was the first female to solve a cube blindfolded at Bryan's competition?

I might do more later.

Bryan

Premium Member
WCA
2007LOGA01
Chris's 2x2 times:

Round 1 - 2.27 2.13 2.03 3.00 2.40
Round 2 - 1.96 2.06 2.47 1.80 7.34
Round 3 - 2.88 2.77 1.81 2.03 2.02

Dontchaknow....
...The last time the NAR was broke twice in a single competition was 2008 MN Open by Phil Thomas?
...The only competitors in common at both competition were myself and Takao?
...That's the only other time Takao has come to the MN Open?
...I want a picture of Takao with "I don't always come to the MN Open, but when I do the NAR is broken twice"
...I wrote Takao's name in Kanji on his Square-1 scorecard?
...I added Megaminx because Takao was there?
...Takao was judging me for 3x3 and I messed up so badly, I thought Takao was actually thinking "Oh, what is he doing?"
...I got lazy when writing scorecards, that instead of "Pyraminx", I drew a triangle?
...The most common phrase I heard when starting Pyraminx was "I have no idea how to solve this"?
...We had no mystery events?

Last edited: