• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Cupcake's Winona Open 2013

King Koopa

WCA
2007ALIW01
YouTube
Visit Channel
DYK...

...I was wearing a purple Decepticon shirt and hat so I called my purple zhanchi a DeceptiCube?
...I some how beat John at 4x4?
...I plus twoed two solves that ended in Y perm?
...I have only gotten 3 PLL skips in competition ever and two of them were at this one?
...Shaden was trying to get me to find someone to sell him cubes?
...and get me to give him my 7x7?
...and see how many entire pizzas he could buy with $5?
...this is the first time I've ever competed in Pyraminx?
...and it's as dumb as it looks?
...I forgot my fingertricks for one of my G perms and it was the PLL on my last solve in the final round?
...in the middle of my second solve in the final round, a ghost knocked my cube out of my hand?
...these two things combined costed me my sub 10 average?
...this is the first competition I've won in 2 years?

Rubiks560

Nub
WCA
2009OLSO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Mmm, well they changed the scoring system recently. It's out of 100 now, so there are technical judges and artistic judges or something. BUT the GOOD way of scoring had these clickers like at carnivals. Basically, do something well, get good points, do something badly, get a negative point. So dropping a yoyo used to be 3pts off (heavy as penalties go), but now it's just one. So I only lost 2pts for that... I lost 6 points, so the other 4 were just my screwups. So to answer your question, dropping a yoyo is not good, but it's better to go with more advanced stuff and switch yoyos than go basic and use the same one. Ideally you should go advanced and use the same one.. but that's not usually the case. So no, changing yoyos itself did not really kill my points that much.

Wait hold up your brother yo-yos?

Yuuuup

Jokerman5656

Catch Me If You Can
WCA
2009BRAI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
blokpoi's mindset: "Oh look this person is trying to solve a puzzle they really like and want to do good in. I'm sure they want to talk to me about something completely unrelated to this."

blokpoi's words: "Hey man how long till you think elephants are extinct?"

My thoughts: "stfu"

/rant

blokpoi

WCA
2013SEYM01
blokpoi's mindset: "Oh look this person is trying to solve a puzzle they really like and want to do good in. I'm sure they want to talk to me about something completely unrelated to this."

blokpoi's words: "Hey man how long till you think elephants are extinct?"

My thoughts: "stfu"

/rant

I didn't even bring up elephants that was someone else god dangit, I asked bryan about insects.

Plus I barely talked to you, you're mean.

Last edited:

Jokerman5656

Catch Me If You Can
WCA
2009BRAI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Now that you realize the problem, you may work on the solution.

I don't think you realize that the problem is you. You're the one who can't leave people alone when they are busy and i'm just the one calling you out. Multiple people have said that they didn't appreciate you distracting them during solving and neither did I. Reevaluate your thought on that last statement and figure out what the problem really is.

blokpoi

WCA
2013SEYM01
I don't think you realize that the problem is you. You're the one who can't leave people alone when they are busy and i'm just the one calling you out. Multiple people have said that they didn't appreciate you distracting them during solving and neither did I. Reevaluate your thought on that last statement and figure out what the problem really is.
I believe the problem is you, and I believe you need to check into the nearest insane asylum. As I had stated before, I rarely talked to you, only when you had judged me and after you had swore at me when you were waiting to do your solve.

Now quite obviously I may have annoyed some people, in which I am sorry.

However, I do not see your anger.

Last edited:

Jokerman5656

Catch Me If You Can
WCA
2009BRAI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I believe the problem is you, and I believe you need to check into the nearest insane asylum. As I had stated before, I rarely talked to you, only when you had judged me and after you had swore at me when you were waiting to do your solve.

The amount you did talk to me though was at a very inconvenient time. It was also kind of rule breaking by distracting people solving (2k4). I'm not sure but I don't think there is a rule about swearing.

blokpoi

WCA
2013SEYM01
The amount you did talk to me though was at a very inconvenient time. It was also kind of rule breaking by distracting people solving (2k4). I'm not sure but I don't think there is a rule about swearing.
I had only talked to people once during a solve, if I recall correctly (chris at 5x5, I had asked him how to edge pair faster, but I only said that then stopped), and I had never judged you, so how could it be at an inconvenient time?

Jokerman5656

Catch Me If You Can
WCA
2009BRAI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I had only talked to people once during a solve, if I recall correctly (chris at 5x5, I had asked him how to edge pair faster, but I only said that then stopped), and I had never judged you, so how could it be at an inconvenient time?

If you want to continue this chat then I recommend confronting me in person at another comp. This is just spamming the thread. Don't reply to this.

Jokerman5656

Catch Me If You Can
WCA
2009BRAI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
DYK...

...My motorcycle decided to die on me on the way
......It appearantly doesn't like passing semi's at 150
...I have never been to a MN competition south of Minneapolis on time
...I didn't go to any table to sit down except the scrambling table
...Seth wouldn't go get his captain from their room