• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Minecraft

O

Owen

what's minecraft?

Minecraft is a sandbox/survival game created by Markus Persson, and is currently in the Beta stage, and under heavy development by Mojang AB.

Last edited by a moderator:

cincyaviation

WCA
2010HOVL02
I'm currently digging straight up 4 blocks at a time with my sword, wonder why? I got lost in the gigantic cavern system i found, and i ran out of picks. I have 20 sticks, an almost dead sword, and a shovel, plus a ton of iron ore and coal. Any ideas on a faster way to get out?
EDIT: Nevermind :D I dug almost right into my mining base.

Last edited:

PatrickJameson

Premium Member
WCA
2007JAME01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm currently digging straight up 4 blocks at a time with my sword, wonder why? I got lost in the gigantic cavern system i found, and i ran out of picks. I have 20 sticks, an almost dead sword, and a shovel, plus a ton of iron ore and coal. Any ideas on a faster way to get out?
EDIT: Nevermind :D I dug almost right into my mining base.

For the future, just mine some cobblestone and make a stone pickaxe.

If you hit F3 it gives your your coordinates. X and Z are horizontal coorinates, Y is how high you are. Your home should be (0, about 70, 0).

Oh that's lame.

Xnx

demotivational-posters-meanwhile-in-minecraft.jpg

demotivational-posters-minecraft-bunny.jpg

cincyaviation

WCA
2010HOVL02
Just got back from exploring a HUGE system of caverns almost directly under my house, i didn't even fully explore it yet. I came back with 281 coal, and i had used a bunch to make torches. 60 iron ore. 33 gold ore. 22 lapis lazuli. 1 diamond gem (used 3 to make a pick. 8 obsidian, there was a lot more, but i just needed enough for a portal to the nether. And 121 redstone dust.

Xishem

WCA
2011BOUL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Just got back from exploring a HUGE system of caverns almost directly under my house, i didn't even fully explore it yet. I came back with 281 coal, and i had used a bunch to make torches. 60 iron ore. 33 gold ore. 22 lapis lazuli. 1 diamond gem (used 3 to make a pick. 8 obsidian, there was a lot more, but i just needed enough for a portal to the nether. And 121 redstone dust.

Nice.

I've dug into ridiculously large cave systems before. Some have yielded over 3 or 4 full stacks of iron. It took me like five hours to explore each of them. :/