• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

mefferts 4x4?

fanwuq

WCA
2008FANW01
YouTube
Visit Channel
There is the word Mefferts engraved on one corner on every side. I can't feel it or see it that easily, but is it competition legal?
Same on mine, in fact I didn't even notice that until you pointed it out :D I've already used my Mefferts 4^3 in competition and it caused no problem at all.

Ok, thanks!

Today, I did a few more solves, still could not average sub-2:30 (due to abundance of parity and I got worse at centers.)
I like the cube, but it's not giving me nice times... Much more resistant than a ES, but I get around the same times for the 3x3 stage. I haven't tried my ES and won't try it again until after March. Maybe I just got worse at 4x4 after not practicing for a long time? ES is definitely more crispy and faster to turn (much better PLL times).

I did about 6 seconds on the R perm and 3.7 on the U perm on the Meffert's.

YouTube
Visit Channel
I just got my Mefferts 4x4, out of the box, I think its great. It might already even be lubed for all I know. I love the overall feel of the cube. I will definitely be doing 4x4 more often now.

Question though: Did anyone else recieve a small tube filled with liquid inside? If so, what is it? Is it lube?

36duong

WCA
2009DUON01
I received mine yesterday, and honestly, I spent the whole day not breaking it in, but getting the tiles off, sanding it, and putting stickers on it.

i then broke it in, and now, it is ok, not as loose as I'd like it to be, but still Ok

aliengrey

i've tried to place an order multiple times. has anyone else has a problem with their website?

I had problems ordering my Twin Set last night. Try using a different browser. I was using Safari, and when I switched to Firefox the order went through.

TomZ

Tiles are thick and nice looking. I never had cubesmith, are they close to the textured or smooth tiles or neither?

They're not at all like what is sold by CubeSmith. His tiles are basically reinforced stickers (not much ticker than a regular sticker), while the Meffert's tiles are thick pieces of plastic.

Leviticus

I just bought the White Mefferts 4x4, because i need a new one. I bought from mefferts because of the free shipping, the AUD is to low to buy from Cube4you at the moment. I hope it arrives soon, i haven't speedcubed 4x4 (Or any cube!) in months!

-Levi-