• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Me and my V-Cube 3

HaraldS

WCA
2009STIF01
Really? A new cube won't do sh*t. New cubers in generall these days tend to focus on incorrect things. Some believe that they HAVE to get a new cube to make it physically possible to get faster which is such nonsense. Use whatever cube you have and just solve it. Chances are rare that you will ever in your cubing career ever will need a better cube to improve. Stick to what you've got and focus on the cube itself instead. How it functions, how moves relate to each other etc...

rj

WCA
2015PLAT03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Really? A new cube won't do sh*t. New cubers in generall these days tend to focus on incorrect things. Some believe that they HAVE to get a new cube to make it physically possible to get faster which is such nonsense. Use whatever cube you have and just solve it. Chances are rare that you will ever in your cubing career ever will need a better cube to improve. Stick to what you've got and focus on the cube itself instead. How it functions, how moves relate to each other etc...

Nonsense. I had to switch to a Guhong from my Rubiks brand to get sub 1.

XTowncuber

WCA
2010BRAD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Nonsense. I had to switch to a Guhong from my Rubiks brand to get sub 1.

You didn't HAVE to. I know because I was well under 35 before I switched from a Rubik's (and I switched to an A1, which isn't much better). You'll find that most fast cubers would tend to agree with Harald on this one.

Sarge

WCA
2012GARN02
I didn't buy a big-kid speedcube (higher tier crap you know: Zhanchis and Fangshis and Weilongs, Oh my!) until I could sub-30 on a decent Rubik's. Practice is the easiest and cheapest way to get better times.

Noahaha

blindmod
WCA
2012ARTH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
The thing about 3x3s is that you'll have to try a LOT of them before you know what you like. It's not about what the best cube is, but what the best cube is for you. The V-cube 3 isn't that bad, but you'll probably like a dayan cube more. The best way to find out what you like is to go to a comp and try out as many cubes as possible. When you find your favorite, ask the person what cube it is and how they made it like that.

rj

WCA
2015PLAT03
YouTube
Visit Channel
I average 25 on Moyu, Dayan, Fanshi, FangCun.. On my Rubiks brand I do not get a single under 40 seconds. Finger tricks are impossible, you need to grip a layer with the whole hand.

Right. These people are talking about a lubed rubiks brand. I got as far as I could with the beginners method on a Rubik's brand, than switches.

Right. These people are talking about a lubed rubiks brand. I got as far as I could with the beginners method on a Rubik's brand, than switches.

You said you had to switch cubes to get sub-1, now you've contradicted yourself by all but admitting that you could have lubed it or learned the method you now use and got sub-1 that way.