• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

MCC Alpha 2016 - Ann Arbor, MI: March 26-27, 2016

cubeninjaIV

WCA
2009HILD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
The Michigan Cubing Club is pleased to announce their first competition of 2016!

MCC Alpha 2016 will take place in Ann Arbor, Michigan on March 26th and 27th, 2016.

Visit the competition website for full details!
There will be no competitor limit!

As with our previous competitions, a $10 deposit is required to reserve your spot in the competition. This can be refunded on the day of the competition or donated to the organizers. Donations will be used to improve future events! This fee will not be refunded if you find that you cannot attend.

Saturday Events:
FMC Mean of 3
3x3 MultiBLD - 1 attempt
4x4 BLD
5x5 BLD
3x3 BLD - 2 rounds

Sunday Events:
2x2 - 3 rounds
3x3 - 4 rounds
3x3 OH - 3 rounds
Skewb - 2 rounds
5x5 - 1 round
Square-1

We look forward to seeing you all there!

Last edited:

asdfcuber

the event

Just show up. No cost.
I'd still recommend paying the $10 and competing in 3x3 no matter how slow you are, though.

Ill think about it ill bring money just in case i decide to compete but i don't think I'm ready not because of my time its just I've never been to comp before but i might thanks for the response helps a lot

cubeninjaIV

WCA
2009HILD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I didn't realize I'd be out of town, as I thought Easter was a different week. Alas, I will not make it.

Sorry to hear that. The timing is unfortunate, but it was really the only option.

On a related note, we would like to remind everyone that registration is set to close on Wednesday, March 23rd at midnight and that your registration is not complete until you have submitted your payment via PayPal.

Hope to see you all there!

Alan Chang

WCA
2004CHAN01
Is anyone from Chicago going? Or someone who will be going through Chicago? (I currently don't have a good way to return to Chicago in time for classes on Monday without missing most of the Sunday competition.)

3/22 update: I found a ride! Thanks everyone! :)

Last edited:

asdfcuber

So when i arrive were will registration be? also how do i register if my names on the competitor list and have already paid just sign in with my name? this is my first competition so I'm not quite sure. Also if I'm under 18 ( I'm currently 16 ) do i need to have a parent or guardian there with me at registration to ensure that they are ok with it? Please email back before the comp this weekend so i know.

TwistAL

WCA
2015LIUA01
So when i arrive were will registration be? also how do i register if my names on the competitor list and have already paid just sign in with my name? this is my first competition so I'm not quite sure. Also if I'm under 18 ( I'm currently 16 ) do i need to have a parent or guardian there with me at registration to ensure that they are ok with it? Please email back before the comp this weekend so i know.

since you already paid to go, all you have to do is during the registration time, go to the table and they will most likely tell you your heats or give you a name tag. the regestration is usually outside of the room in which the competition will be.

Mikel

Premium Member
WCA
2011MIKE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Here is the reconstruction of my 8.96 from 3x3 Round 2! This beat my official PB by 2.18 seconds and is the Iowa State Record. :)

R' L B' D2 L2 U2 L' U D' F B2 D R2 D F2 D' F2 L2 F2
x2 y //inspection
D R' B' U L2 D2 //cross (6|6)
U' R' U2 R U2 R' U R //F2L-1 (8|14)
U2 L' U L2 U L' //F2L-2 (6|20)
y' U R U R' U2 R U R' //F2L-3 (8|28)
U' R' U' R U' R' U R //F2L-4 (8|36)
U //LL (1|37)

alg.cubing.net

WCA
2010MINE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Here is the reconstruction of my 8.96 from 3x3 Round 2! This beat my official PB by 2.18 seconds and is the Iowa State Record. :)

R' L B' D2 L2 U2 L' U D' F B2 D R2 D F2 D' F2 L2 F2
x2 y //inspection
D R' B' U L2 D2 //cross (6|6)
U' R' U2 R U2 R' U R //F2L-1 (8|14)
U2 L' U L2 U L' //F2L-2 (6|20)
y' U R U R' U2 R U R' //F2L-3 (8|28)
U' R' U' R U' R' U R //F2L-4 (8|36)
U //LL (1|37)

alg.cubing.net

Wow, I didn't look ahead to the end of the solve and that LL skip really came up on me out of nowhere. That's insanely lucky to get that in a competition!