• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Unofficial] Maskow: Single Blindfold 16.50

Maskow

WCA
2011KOWA01
YouTube
Visit Channel

16.50 [~5.90]
scramble: D B2 U2 B D2 U' B' D' F2 L' U' L2 D' B' F2 U B' R F2 D2 B F2 R F2

Corners:
L U R U' L' U R' U' [8]
R' D' R U2 R' D R U2 [8]
L2 U R' U' L2 U R U' [8]

Edges:
x M'U M U2 M' U M x' [11]
U' R' U R U' M2 U R' U' r M' U [14]
U2 M U R2 U' M' U R2 U [11]
L' U' L U M' U' L' U l [10]
R' U' R E' R' U R E [10]

solve time ~10.60

moves: 80
tps: 7.55

The scramble is awesome and it's a little cheat here: no box and no random orientation.
I think that it's 1,5-2 seconds on memo for me.
My average memo time without them is sub7.50 : P This is why I hate official regulations about it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kirjava

Colourful
WCA
2006BARL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
While this is cool, it'd be nice if you conformed to rules that others do, as comparisons to other people's times are less meaningful without doing so.

You don't have to if you don't want to, it just changes what you're doing.

Maskow

WCA
2011KOWA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
While this is cool, it'd be nice if you conformed to rules that others do, as comparisons to other people's times are less meaningful without doing so.

You don't have to if you don't want to, it just changes what you're doing.

Of course I agree. Usually I trained using all of rules, just to be faster with box and finding orientation, it's natural. BUT sometimes I have this feeling to check my average for old rules and cry about why we can't be that fast at competition : P

And I kinda agree, when seconds matter, we shouldn't be using rules that cost competitors 1-2 sec...

I have also one idea how we can cut another 1 second only changing rules for friendlier to competitors. I think that I will present it in near future but I really don't believe that WCA will be interested in making our life easier : P [it will be 2-3 seconds together, it's a lot]

And in current regulations it's too easy to cheat on orientation on official competitions and, believe me or not, some people do it and they don't feel that it's cheating. [I don't, of course, I am being looked after by delegates so I can't even if I want ;> ]

The sheet of paper was also much more faster than box. I hate the box but I have my flowerpot for training <3

@EDIT:
This is why I didn't write that it's UWR. Even if previous UWR was also done with that rules but in times where it was legal.

Last edited:

porkynator

WCA
2011TRON02
YouTube
Visit Channel
It's 1-2 seconds for him because he can't uncover a cube fast.
Also, I don't know how many blinders regularly practice with cover & random orientation. Some time ago it definetely wasn't that common (random orientation wasn't even required in comp).