• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Maglev cubes from moyu

Flowkap

The maglev WRM 2021 is very smooth and light. Not 'clacky' like the RS3M at all. It weighs a lot less and turns a lot easier.

It's an extremely nice cube, and I love the purple internals.
I just got mine and it immediately replaced my GAN 356 M as my main. It feels just wonderful, super light turning yet controllable and sooo quiet.

Or just perfectly matches my turning style in Roux and the slice moves... Oh I love it!

Purple internals being a cherry on the ice cream.

Cuber Score

I have the RS3M 2021 as my main, and I sadly despise it.
First of all, even when at nearly the loosest setting, it still tightens up.
It squeaks like a rodent, and I can't figure out why.
It corner cuts terribly (as a result of the locking up).
The only reason I haven't switched to a set up 2022 is because I hold this cube near and dear to me, despite hating it, as it was the last gift my grandfather ever gave me.
anyway, the cube is just meh, and I would buy the 2022 version.
(Yes, my cube has maglev.)

It squeaks like a rodent, and I can't figure out why.

I don't have the RS3M 2021, but if it's anything like the WR M 2021 Maglev, it's easy to fix the squeak: On the sides that cause a squeak when you turn them, add a tiny drop of lube between the screw and the magnet.

fes_77

WCA
2023SANT10
SS Competition Results
So recently moyu released the maglev versions of 2 cubes, the RS3M 2020 and WRM 2021. I have the original RS3M 2020 and I’m not gonna buy the maglev version of it. Well I wanna get the WRM 2021 and I’ll ask my parents to buy it for me as my birthday present later. I wanna know the advantages of maglev cubes besides there’s no spring noise. If you have tried the RS3M 2020 maglev version (yea the WRM 2021 maglev is still on pre-order), can you tell me some thoughts? Thx a lot!!!
Maglev is when 2 magnets repel each other to simulate a spring. It can do what you said (cancel the spring noise) but it can also reduce friction that is made because of the spring for example if you take off the springs your cube will get much faster but will pop in a few turns maglev prevents that

WCA
2023FUKU01
I ordered the maglev WRM. Curious if it will be loud and clacky like the maglev RS3M. The regular 2021 is silent like the Tornado v2. So if it's clacky like the RS3M that's a big change.

...mmmmmm.....purple
The sound profile of mine didn’t seem to change when I maglev modded it
its very quiet