• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

lubix mix with traxxas?

samchoochiu

WCA
2010CHIU01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I should be getting my zanchi today and I wanted to lube it with traxxas. I don't have the traxxas yet but I have a little bit of lubix. I am planning to switch over.
Has anyone here ever mixed the 2?
I was wondering if it may be ok if I first lube it with lubix then the traxxas when I get it.

radmin

WCA
2010HARD02
Some people claim they are the same. That's the whole point of Texcraft, same results, cheaper price.

Either way I'd only use a tiny bit on the pieces. ZhanChi gets gummy with too much of either and wiping it off didn't fix it.

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
I wasn't going to respond because I was hoping someone else could give a better answer, but it doesn't seem to be happening. So, here's what little I have to offer:

I used Traxxas in my V6 and V7, in very large quantities (20-30 drops), because they were getting loose. It worked really well for a few weeks, but then it seemed like they got even looser. Then I added Lubix (in large quantities again, but not as much - maybe 10 drops or so), and they got better again. Eventually, my 6x6x6 got hopelessly loose (which I suspect would have happened without the lube, but I'm not sure of that), whereupon I took a new V6 and combined the pieces, then lubed with Lubix again, and now it's really quite nice. The V7 is still very nice since after the initial Lubix application.

But I haven't ever tried mixing them in a 3x3x3, so I'm not sure how it will do there.

samchoochiu

WCA
2010CHIU01
YouTube
Visit Channel
This is off topic but I realized that I am talking to Mike Hughey! I needed some bld help. This is a thread I started in the BLD section.
I doing a random BLD method taught by seerusgod on youtube. I heard its the easiest tutorial out there.
1. orient corners
2. Permute corners.
3. solve edges
thats the gist of this method but I noticed that I need to memorize like 25 sequences during inspection. I am having a hard time with memorizing.
I understand the method and can do it while writing down on a paper and just solve it without looking at the cube. But I can never do it memorized. I need a new method I do not think I will get anywhere with this method.
I see people be able to sub 8 min within the first day or 2. I don't think I can do that with this method.
I NEED A NEW METHOD! I am looking at M2/Old Pochmann by eric limback.
But I kinda want an easy easy method that doesn't make my head explode during solving.
thanks

asportking

YouTube
Visit Channel
This is off topic but I realized that I am talking to Mike Hughey! I needed some bld help. This is a thread I started in the BLD section.
I doing a random BLD method taught by seerusgod on youtube. I heard its the easiest tutorial out there.
1. orient corners
2. Permute corners.
3. solve edges
thats the gist of this method but I noticed that I need to memorize like 25 sequences during inspection. I am having a hard time with memorizing.
I understand the method and can do it while writing down on a paper and just solve it without looking at the cube. But I can never do it memorized. I need a new method I do not think I will get anywhere with this method.
I see people be able to sub 8 min within the first day or 2. I don't think I can do that with this method.
I NEED A NEW METHOD! I am looking at M2/Old Pochmann by eric limback.
But I kinda want an easy easy method that doesn't make my head explode during solving.
thanks
You're going to have to memorize a lot no matter what method you use. Don't change methods, just change your memorization method to something that works for you better.