• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Lubicle Black Stuff and Other Stuff

How does Lubicle Black outlast the cube exactly? Isn't lube supposed to dry out after a little bit of use?

oh btw i probably lied abot de other stuf pert hehe

McubeS

If I were to guess; The lubricant must be some type of oil that has some attributes to prevent its evaporation.

We're talking similar to DNM-37.

SpeedCuber71

WCA
2014BHAT09
YouTube
Visit Channel
To be honest, i wouldn't wear gloves, get paper towels, be extra careful not to get stained, this and that just to lube the core of my cube. But people seem to go ''WOAHHHH'' after trying it out so i think it must be actually REALLY GOOD.

U

Underwatercuber

Honestly I am wondering if it will even be good. I mean the whole "it will outlast the cube" thing doesn't matter since traxxas already last 5-10k solves. It also helps the cubicle has sent bone dry cubes with it and then they lube it and of course it's going to feel "so much better" it's because you freaking lubed the cube! I hope it is actually good but I wouldn't be surprised if it was just 50k dyed black or something like that.

Zerksies

Honestly I am wondering if it will even be good. I mean the whole "it will outlast the cube" thing doesn't matter since traxxas already last 5-10k solves. It also helps the cubicle has sent bone dry cubes with it and then they lube it and of course it's going to feel "so much better" it's because you freaking lubed the cube! I hope it is actually good but I wouldn't be surprised if it was just 50k dyed black or something like that.
It's probably a mix of their speed lubes mixed and dyed black.

xyzzy

I wouldn't be surprised if it was just 50k dyed black or something like that.
Well, molybdenum disulfide is a black powder (or dark grey, depending on particle size). It's not black just to make it look different; it's black because the main ingredient is black.

Sure, most people wouldn't have a lab and wouldn't know how to tell if there's actually MoS2 in Lubicle Black, but it doesn't make sense for Cubicle to just blatantly misrepresent what they're selling. (They could be taking refuge in audacity, but eh, my prior for that is pretty low.)

It also helps the cubicle has sent bone dry cubes with it and then they lube it and of course it's going to feel "so much better" it's because you freaking lubed the cube!
This, though—fully agreed. Most of the testers only made videos with the dry GTS2 they were provided.

Luke8

WCA
2017MYKL01
It also helps the cubicle has sent bone dry cubes with it and then they lube it and of course it's going to feel "so much better" it's because you freaking lubed the cube!

If a terrible cube will feel great after using lubicle black, an already good cube will be out of this world once lubed, right?

cuber314159

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Norther...
WCA
2016EVAN06
YouTube
Visit Channel
If a terrible cube will feel great after using lubicle black, an already good cube will be out of this world once lubed, right?
Unless that means overlubing, but I would assume a dnm37 black combination will work well for some ( I personally don't like dnm37 as it is too fast and I prefer the feeling of Maru even if it doesn't last as long)

M

Malkom

No it's the exact opposite. If the cube is bad (because it's dry) it will become amazing in comparison. If the is already good (aka lubed) the difference is pretty small.