• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Lightake.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

LightLake

Hi Speedsolving members,

This is Brad from www.lightake.com

Popbuying.com owns lightake.com, the only difference between the two is lightake has a PayPal option.

Lightake FAQ:

What is the customer service? How can I contact lightake?
A:For after sale problems, you have two ways to contact us: 1st: you can leave a message at our customer service system:http://support.lightake.com/ and our customer service staff will give you a reply in 48 hours. 2nd: you can directly send an Email to our customer service staff Emma: [email protected] and she will give you a reply in 48 hours.

What is the estimated shipping time? How do you ship the items? Can I get a tracking number?
A:We use airmail and registered airmail from HK post office to ship items to customer all over the world,the estimated shipping time is 7-25 days. When your order is over $15, we will provide a free tracking number for you.

lightake Acronym Guide

MHZ = Cube4You
Patch/QJ = QJ
ES = Eastsheen
MR = Maru
DY = Dayan
YJ = YongJun
Dare-to-Do/Fingertip Dancing = Ghost Hand
SE = Sheng En

Updated on 06/14/2010

Best regards,
Lightake

masterofthebass

Premium Member
WCA
2007COHE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
what does it matter? They have the same products and the same free shipping. Its not like the popbuying customer service was that much better than any of the other other free shipping sites in china.

jiggy

what does it matter? They have the same products and the same free shipping. Its not like the popbuying customer service was that much better than any of the other other free shipping sites in china.
Our experiences clearly differ in this! =P I've been ignored by other Chinese cube sites when I discovered a problem with my order. Popbuying CS, however, always reply to any emails I send, they also have the forum thread -which Jack monitors and posts in frequently- and can be contacted through PM. I actually think the support is what sets Popbuying apart from other sites.

masterofthebass

Premium Member
WCA
2007COHE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Our experiences clearly differ in this! =P I've been ignored by other Chinese cube sites when I discovered a problem with my order. Popbuying CS, however, always reply to any emails I send, they also have the forum thread -which Jack monitors and posts in frequently- and can be contacted through PM. I actually think the support is what sets Popbuying apart from other sites.

I'm going to argue against that solely based on the inventory of popbuying. That is the only reason to order from them, as dealextreme, focalprice, etc. do not have the selection that popbuying has. Its popbuying's investment into stocking what you want to buy that makes them the choice for buying from. You wouldn't be buying from them if they didn't have what you want to buy.

jiggy

I'm going to argue against that solely based on the inventory of popbuying. That is the only reason to order from them, as dealextreme, focalprice, etc. do not have the selection that popbuying has. Its popbuying's investment into stocking what you want to buy that makes them the choice for buying from. You wouldn't be buying from them if they didn't have what you want to buy.
Haha, sure, ok, while I certainly can't deny the fact that I wouldn't buy from Popbuying if they didn't have the items I wanted, I think -for me at least- the service plays a big part.

Ordering products from the other side of the world requires a lot of trust. If I found myself in a situation where I could order an identical product, at the same or near price from Popbuying or the site that ignored me, I would be crazy not to order from Popbuying. At least with them I know that if any issues were to arise I would be able to contact them and get the problem solved.

Anyway, my point wasn't that I only shop at Popbuying because of their service, it was that Popbuying's service sets them apart from other sites. Having said that, you are correct that their large inventory also helps them stand out. Either way, I think we're probably getting a little off topic here! ;)

Last edited:

ambo_o7

I have pm'd jack numerous times and ALWAYS had a reply, also sent 2 emails to the CS and had replies both times, with haste!

I think popbuying customer service is really good.

Zarlor

Think about it.

Guys, think about it and it's pretty clear. PayPal suspended Popbuying's account probably due to some items they carried which I thought might be console manufacturer copy protection circumvention. PayPal is notorious for just suspending accounts with no real explanation sometimes. There was probably nothing Popbuying could do to reason with PayPal and get it available again. So, this new store doesn't QUITE carry every SKU Popbuying has. Check it out. Hopefully this will keep this new store on good terms with PayPal. It's kind of the only magic cube shop part of Popbuying that I had hoped for! I'll bet that "Brad" will keep us up to date like Jack has done.

riffz

WCA
2009HOLT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Guys, think about it and it's pretty clear. PayPal suspended Popbuying's account probably due to some items they carried which I thought might be console manufacturer copy protection circumvention. PayPal is notorious for just suspending accounts with no real explanation sometimes. There was probably nothing Popbuying could do to reason with PayPal and get it available again. So, this new store doesn't QUITE carry every SKU Popbuying has. Check it out. Hopefully this will keep this new store on good terms with PayPal. It's kind of the only magic cube shop part of Popbuying that I had hoped for! I'll bet that "Brad" will keep us up to date like Jack has done.

To whom was this comment directed?

shelley

chang
WCA
2004CHAN04

I don't know about you, but my idea of great customer service means I never have to send them email in the first place, because everything proceeds as I expect it to.

That said, the one or two times I've ordered from Popbuying have never given me any issues, aside from having to be patient when waiting for the shipment to arrive.

jiggy

I don't know about you, but my idea of great customer service means I never have to send them email in the first place, because everything proceeds as I expect it to.

That said, the one or two times I've ordered from Popbuying have never given me any issues, aside from having to be patient when waiting for the shipment to arrive.
Fair enough! Just to clarify what I said earlier, the only emails I've ever had to send them have been to request a change of posting address, which was my fault not theirs. I can't speak for anyone else, though.

oprah62

WCA
2010PEDR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I've had many problems with popbuying. My package has yet to arrive in over 35 days, the CS always says the same answer: I made an enquiry at HK post.

WCA
2009BALT02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I already ordered a FII for a friend of mine.

Some aditional information
  • they have 5% discount on all products till June, 30th
    the code is "WELCOMETOLIGHTAKE"
  • they seem to have a least the same products as popbuying.com
  • as written in their newsletter, logins with the popbuying account are still possible at lightake.

Status
Not open for further replies.