• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Lets learn from Lucas' 4.90 WR solve

YouTube
Visit Channel
Technically, it is an OLLCP but it also a standard alg for that OLL case from that angle.
Why did Lucas use that alg? Because it is the standard alg and most people use that. I also use the same alg from that angle and the other alg for y2 angle.

Username

WCA
2013JOKI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Technically, it is an OLLCP but it also a standard alg for that OLL case from that angle.
Why did Lucas use that alg? Because it is the standard alg and most people use that. I also use the same alg from that angle and the other alg for y2 angle.

Technically it's also just random moves and maybe he just got lucky in solving it?

Praetorian

YouTube
Visit Channel
if I do f (R U R' U') f' to solve my OLL but it permutes the corners did I use OLLCP? I would count that as a CP skip but my algorithm wasn't an OLLCP because I had no intent of solving the corners alongside it

WCA
2014HEDR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
So if I recognize OLLCP every solve but get the case solved with the standard alg, it's not OLLCP?

I would consider this OLLCP iff Lucas recognized the CP along with the OLL, which I don't think he did.

I assume this is why when reconstructing solves, if it is, say a fat sune, with CP solved, the put OLL(CP) because who knows if it is their normal alg or not? Unless we ask them, we won't know. Or so I assume; but, you know what they say about assuming!

Cale S

WCA
2014SCHO02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Unless he knows all the OLLCP cases for that oll, he might but i dont think he knows all of them for all 51 cases

He wouldn't have to know all of OLLCP, he just needed to know this one and recognize it in the solve (this case is easy to know because the alg is <R,r,U> so it doesn't affect CP).