• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Learning OLLCP

IAmAPerson

WCA
2015LANE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
So my current method is a variation of CFOP. In this variation, the only change is that I use a ZBF2L algorithm on my last F2L slot so that, on my OLL step, my edges are already oriented. My question is: should I learn OLLCP? The amount of algorithms for a case where the corners are oriented is about 45-50, but is it worth it to learn all of the "no flip" cases and use them in every solve (AKA CLL)? If I did learn these OLLCP algorithms, what would my method be? C3ZOE (Cross-3/4 F2L-ZBF2L-OLLCP-Edges)? CFLOP (Cross-F2L-LSEO-OLLCP-Permute edges)? CZCE (Cross-ZBF2L-CLL-Edges)? I think C3ZOE sounds cool though. "Hey, what method do you use? Beginner's, Friedrich, Roux, Petrus?" "Nah, man, I use SEE THREE ZEE OH EE (zed for my Australian/British (I can't remember which one of you guys says 'zed' and not 'zee') friends)."

Last edited:

Ross The Boss

WCA
2012SVEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
ollcp is good, and you should use it if you have the desire to learn it. however, i hear that there are some algs which are slower than just doing OLL/PLL.
when it comes to names though, that is where things get strange. there are so many alternative techniques involving ll/ls that i think it would be most accurate to describe the method used by many of the more advanced 'cfop' solvers as F2LL; solve f2l somehow, and while solving the last pair you influence LL, then do LL (so just take the L from f2l and the first L from LL and blend them together to gt f2ll). but that is confusing, fun to think about, but not practical.