• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

LBL middle layer help please

newbie2291

Trying to solve the middle layer. Everyone keeps saying there are only 3 possible scenarios: 1)top layer edge needs to move right diagonal 2)top layer edge needs to move left diagonal 3)edge piece in middle layer is correct bug backwards. I have a 4th scenario, though, and don't know how to address it. I've gotten the first two layers solved except for two edge pieces in middle layer. My solved layer is green. The pieces I need to solve: 1)orange/yellow edge piece is on the white/red edge side and the red/white edge piece is on the yellow/orange edge side. Hope the pictures make sense. If anyone can help a Newbie--I'd appreciate it.

Photo on 6-30-15 at 11.29 PM #2.jpgPhoto on 6-30-15 at 11.28 PM.jpgPhoto on 6-30-15 at 11.29 PM.jpg

WCA
2013BARK01
What I think has happened is that a middle layer piece is stuck in the middle layer but in the wrong place. What you need to do is insert any bottom layer edge piece into the middle layer, which will kick out the edge that is stuck. Just insert it like normal into the place where the edge that you need to fix is and then you should be good. If that doesn't help then I'm sure someone else will have something to say.

Praetorian

YouTube
Visit Channel
^^ ye just put switch a blue edge for either of those two, it'll take one out that you can then put into the correct place and then at the same time it'll take that one out which you can put into the correct place

I was expecting this thread to be a roux solver having problems with the middle layer or something

SenorJuan

As said, just displace one of the 'stuck' edges with anything else (3-move sequence) then proceed as normal.
Just in case you want something different, there's R'D'F'DR and LDFD'L', (and their reverses R'D'FDR and LDF'D'L') for some cases where they are both next to each other on the same face.